• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am sick of it all!!!!

I am sick of my rabbits having something wrong with them.

Excuse the rant here....

It is just really getting me down. I feel like we are constantly at the vets at the minute. Truffle has only just got better and now she has got a huge scab on her back. Maybe caused by Baytril but maybe caused by Beany. I am now worried sick that he has done it and this will mean they have somehow come unbonded. I am just writing down my thoughts. Sorry. her scab is growing. Its at least 3cm long now :cry::cry::cry: We are at vets tomorrow but still.

Beany has to go in for dental tomorrow. Hope he will be ok

I would just like to enjoy spending time with them rather than spending my ENTIRE day thinking what if this, what if that, what if Truffles wound is infected, what if Bean doesn't eat after his dental. It really is taking its toll on me at the minute...partly taking the enjoyment out of it all!!!! But i do love them lots...just feel like a rubbish rubbish bun dad...they just seem to be ILL!!!!!!! ARRRGGGGHHH

sorry!
:cry::oops::cry:

I know how you feel. I am NEVER relaxed when it comes to our pets. In a way, I feel that if I do relax, something bad will happen to one of them :(

I hope Beany's dental goes ok and that Truffle's scab is nothing sinister. xxx

Thanks - sorry for the rant. I just feel we have got poor truffle from a rescue and she has been nothing but ill since we got her in Feb :cry::cry:

Just want them both to be happy and well!!!! It makes me want to cry and scream at same time!!!!!:x:x:x:x:x

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Please stop blaming yourself; a 'rubbish bun dad' would not take the buns to see a vet. I hope both your bunnies will be OK tomorrow.

Thanks - sorry for the rant. I just feel we have got poor truffle from a rescue and she has been nothing but ill since we got her in Feb :cry::cry:

Just want them both to be happy and well!!!! It makes me want to cry and scream at same time!!!!!:x:x:x:x:x

Don't worry...you are certainly not the only one. As soon as things seem to be going well something else happens! Rabbits, eh...who'd have 'em! (we must be mad!!)

Awh, but I know what you mean, Ive just found scabs on one foot of each bunny and Im now wondering what I have done wrong, hoping that they will not get any worse, and doing things to prevent them getting any worse.

I think it just comes from being a caring owner, Imagine all the bunnies who are not as lucky as ours who don't have caring owners, who don't take them to the vets and let them live in tiny cages.

Your bunnies are VERY lucky to have such a caring owner. I am sure Truffle will be fine, Just a bit of Spring Madness, they always look well bonded in their pics

Anyways, Vibea for Truffle - hope everything is as it should be and mega vibes for Beany and and easy dental and speedy recovery, just remeber to have his favs on hand to tempt him.

Awww, I hope they'll both be fine. I went through a similar time with my kids, they brought home one bug after the other from kindergarten and school, some winters were really bad. And they passed some things on to me, too.
My bunnies usually decide to stop eating just before we want to go on holiday, they must sense that something is going to happen. :roll:

You should've tried living here this week :shock: :shock: :shock:

Truff's Baytril Burn will heal up and I am sure Bean will be fine after his Dental :)

I am sure Truffle will be fine, Just a bit of Spring Madness, they always look well bonded in their pics

Yeah they are normally well bonded. eg - they are just sat flopped next to each other - happily grooming away. I hope the spring madness won't continue!!! Her scab looks very sore...its so bizarre - we didn't hear anything...no fur all over the place...just a big sore on her back. This is what made us think Baytril burn. However, just wish she was all fine and normal again!!! Poor little Girl.

Now worried sick about Bean's dental too!

Both of them are like my children - love them both so much and worry so much too!

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. I am sure Truffle will heal up quickly and Beanie will be ok tomorrow. Send Truffle along with Beanie tomorrow and I am sure that Christabel will have a quick glance at her for you.

Her scab looks very sore...its so bizarre - we didn't hear anything...no fur all over the place...just a big sore on her back. This is what made us think Baytril burn.

'Scuse me asking, but I didn't know Baytril burned... was it accidentally splashed on the skin then? I didn't realize it was that caustic :(

Hope your bunnies recover soon. Just watch out for the next binkie, that will make you feel happier.

'Scuse me asking, but I didn't know Baytril burned... was it accidentally splashed on the skin then? I didn't realize it was that caustic :(

Hope your bunnies recover soon. Just watch out for the next binkie, that will make you feel happier.

Some bunnies have a reaction to it when its injected as do some other small furries. Not splashed onto the skin.

See here...http://www.rathealth.co.uk/articles/baytril.html for an example of Ratty Baytril Burn.

I don't think it happens to all rabbits just some have a bad reaction. Truffle is one of them. :(

I am always worrying about Molly's hocks. Cos I check them twice daily, I'm so watchful over any little change, and then spend the rest of the day thinking about it. :(

Back