• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopsy just ate....

A whole tassle? If it was alot then it could cause a blockage and you will need to be very vigalent and might be best to get her to the vets tonight to make sure. Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to advise soon.

If she ate a whole tassle then you will need to be very vigilant re her poo output over the next 48 hours.
Get her eating lots of hay and encourage her to drink.
If her poo becomes small, or she suddenly stops pooing/eating or she appears to be in discomfort then you need to get her to a Vet ASAP.

Thanks, im really worried :cry:

Hopefully she will have chewed it into small pieces and the acidity of her guts will break it down. A good hay intake will help promote a healthy gut motility and making sure she drinks will keep her gut contents hydrated.

She just went for another one :shock: At least i was watching this time so i stopped her. Chair is now banished from the room!

She is good with her hay eating usually. I'll be watching poo's like a hawk and if there doesn't seem to be many by the morning she will be straight to the vet.
She is meant to be in for a dental on tues, will this affect anything?

She just went for another one :shock: At least i was watching this time so i stopped her. Chair is now banished from the room!

She is good with her hay eating usually. I'll be watching poo's like a hawk and if there doesn't seem to be many by the morning she will be straight to the vet.
She is meant to be in for a dental on tues, will this affect anything?

I doubt it but I'd let the Vet know what happened so as she can have a good feel of her tum.

I will do. When i put them back out she was munching her hay and did lots of poo's but im guessing its too soon for it to have caused an issue?

Thanks Jane xxx

did she really eat it and not just spit it out in tiny pieces :shock: hope shell pass it the other end without too much issues xxxx

Yep. I heard a big rip and by the time i got up i saw it disappearing into her mouth before i could do anything :(
I have no idea why she'd want to eat tassles!

How is Flopsy this morning?

Kellogg ate a couple of tassles in his time and was not affected so I hope Flopsy is OK as well. I do remember how worrying it was.

We were not able to remove the offending piece of furniture as it was my parents' settee. After being told off loads of times for trying to munch them, Kellogg took to 'sucking' a couple of tassles. He would take a strand in his mouth then sort of suck it through his teeth, then let go. The poor tassles ended up all soggy and stuck together with rabbit saliva!

Back