• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where are all the single lady buns??

tigerbabe

Mama Doe
It seems almost impossible to find a single female rabbit, who's reasonably friendly and confident anywhere near me at the moment! :shock:

I'm looking for a new partner for Harry. Luckily he's perked up a bit now after being quite depressed for a couple of days after losing Poppy, so I'm not in a desperate hurry and can afford to spend a little extra time to find the right bun for us all.

Now I quite like a rabbit with attitude, but my OH says he's had enough of grumpy rabbits... he wants a friendly one :lol:
So the search is on!

I've phoned a couple of rescues (which is very hard for me considering my phone phobia :oops:) and found one which has got a few friendly girls that both of us like the look of. The thing is none of them are spayed... which isn't enough in itself to stop me, but they'd also want me to take Harry along to them and try him in a run with the rabbits I like. Apparently we'll know within the first 5 minutes if they'll get on or not and we just keep them together from then on :?

Now I know bonding isn't that easy... and I know my rabbits like to make things ten times harder than most rabbits! I'm also thinking it's probably isn't a great idea to try bonding an un-spayed adult doe! :shock:
Sadly the way they'd want to bond them is enough to stop me going any further with them.

It's typical... there are some stunning boys about at the moment :roll::lol:

We have the nice but timid Sunshine being speyed on Tuesday

Sunshinea.jpg

and the again timid Isabelle being speyed the same day ( her nails are now trimmed pic was taken night she arrived)

Isabelle.jpg

and the nice Georgina already speyed:D

Georgina.jpg

and lovely rex girl Briony being speyed end of week ( she has lost weight since pic!)

Briony.jpg

We have a few girlies.

Have pm'd you Janice :)

Jill - this is the thing, most of the girls at the moment are either timid or grumpy... there doesn't seem to be any middle ground :lol:
Like I said, I love a bunny with attitude and have one or two already. I also have one of the most nervous bunnies I've ever met... so Mark really wants a bun that is happy to see us and doesn't either hide or try and eat us :roll::lol:

Ah but the timid dutches soon come round..they always fool you to start with then you find out they've learnt how to open your fridge:lol:

I know Alice at Windwhistle Warren Rabbit Rescue has some nice girlies (as I was cuddling them on tuesday :lol: ) if you want me to find out about which ones are friendly (not human-eating) and speyed I can do :D Or you can contact her via her website http://www.windwhistlewarren.org.uk/. The webpage doesn't always show all the buns she has but I need little reason to get down their myself to see them all again if you want a volunteer-rabbit-tester :lol::lol:

The grumpiness is often fixed by spaying & the timid ones just need a bit of time.

Briony is a stunner:love:

As I said to you on Facebook, girl bunnies often are more difficult than boys. I have not found the perfect girl so far, all the ones I have met were either grumpy, or timid, or if they were friendly with humans, then they were not so keen on other bunnies.

Stella was timid at first, but she got used to me quite quickly and followed me around. She is a cheeky little thing. :)

Stella3.jpg

The grumpiness is often fixed by spaying & the timid ones just need a bit of time.

Admittedly Willow was well past timid when I 'fostered' her with her sister. I never actually decided to keep them, they just somehow ended up staying :lol: But no matter what I tried she still hates contact with me. Don't get me wrong, she's a thousand times better than she was when I got her and I can actually get close enough to stroke her now and we don't do 30 laps of the shed if I have to pick her up. She even has her moments where she'll go for a wander round while I'm sitting in with her! Trust me that's a big deal for Willow, but I know she's happier when I'm not there.

I have my share of grumpy / nervous buns and I wouldn't be without them, but sometimes you need a bit of balance :)

I may yet end up with a grumpy or timid girl... I'm not going to keep Harry on his own for too long so I'm not ruling them out, I just thought I'd be a fussy cow while I've got the chance ;) :lol:

Nothing wrong with being fussy. I was pretty sure that Emily would not bond easily with my other two, so although I loved her as a single bun, I did not adopt her for my group. :)

I'm sure the right bunny will come along. Have you tried Bobtails? Their bunnies always find new homes so quickly, I don't know how they do it.

Nothing wrong with being fussy. I was pretty sure that Emily would not bond easily with my other two, so although I loved her as a single bun, I did not adopt her for my group. :

Emily is probably the only bunny that would put up with Jack! They've both been a bit grumpy recently... I'm afraid he might be rubbing off on her. She had a boxing match with my hair the other week because it was hanging down in front of her :lol:

Had a quick look on Bobtails website and I might give them a call tomorrow, unless I bump into Delia at the vets first :lol:

Emily is probably the only bunny that would put up with Jack! They've both been a bit grumpy recently... I'm afraid he might be rubbing off on her. She had a boxing match with my hair the other week because it was hanging down in front of her :lol:

Had a quick look on Bobtails website and I might give them a call tomorrow, unless I bump into Delia at the vets first :lol:

:lol: I would have loved to see Emily boxing your hair. :lol: She never tried anything like that with me, just demanded her nose rubs and put her feet in the food bowl to "secure" it.

:lol: I would have loved to see Emily boxing your hair. :lol: She never tried anything like that with me, just demanded her nose rubs and put her feet in the food bowl to "secure" it.

She was growling at it too :shock: :lol: I think she just didn't know what the weird thing was that suddenly appeared in front of her :love:

I had a phone call from some one on Thursday and they said that Bobtails had no girls at the time.

Jack was not an easy bun to pair up, I think Emily was very tolerant of him ;)

The problem I have with looking for rabbits further afield is what happens if the bonding fails??

I had a phone call from some one on Thursday and they said that Bobtails had no girls at the time.

Oh right, there is a lovely PEW on the website who's details have been updated since this morning to give a bit more detail :?
I'll give them a ring anyway just in case :)

Jack was not an easy bun to pair up, I think Emily was very tolerant of him ;)

She still has to be! He chases her but I think she's got the edge on him as there's hardly ever fur in the run. They were laying together sun-bathing today, and I quite often catch a glimpse of them grooming each other. I think she brings out the best in him :love:

I have to say Janice there are a few pairs on the ARC website that are adorable :love:

Last edited:
Olive and Rosie look very sweet. :love:

As soon as I saw they were both girls, I did wonder if Harry would like 2 lady friends :oops: :lol:

Percy & Pickle... and Winnie & Tigger are beautiful too :love:
If I thought Harry could be bonded with any of those 3 pairs I'd be very tempted :oops:

Last edited:
Back