• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Problem

maymie

Young Bun
:wave:
Hi All

I have a hay problem guys - I can seem to get my bunnie to eat as much hay as they should. I have 5 different types of hay that they have and I place it in a hay rack next to their pellet/veggie plate and there is some in the corner of their litter tray. They seem to eat some of the stuff in the litter tray but I think they should be eating more.

Any ideas on how to encourage them to eat more hay? I put some into loo roll tubes and things, you know like toys but would love more suggestions.

Cheers
Amy :D

Many rabbits eat the majority of the hay they eat when sitting in their litter tray. Could you move the hay rack to above the litter tray?

How much pellets do you feed? If they are full up with pellets they will eat less hay. By reducing the amount of hay you feed this will normally increase the hay eaten.

Adding dried herbs or grass to the hay helps as it gives them interest and something to forage. My two love the stuffed loo rolls. I put dried herbs in the middle and stuff the ends with hay.

Back