• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daft Question But Do Does Have Anything Where Bucks Plums Are?

sonnet

Alpha Buck
I'm sooooooo embarassed to ask as I'm probably going mad :oops: but do does have anything in the area where bucks have their plums (sorry didn't know if I could use the t word!)?
I ask because at the beginning of last week the vet didn't know if Dylan was actually a girl rather than a boy (he was 13 weeks old yesterday).

However yesterday I tried looking again for myself (which is difficult as he's a right wriggle bum & very fluffy down there) & still couldn't tell 100% from the actual bits, however I thought I could see early plums!
One side is like a small plum & pink, the other side is pink & looks like a half filled plum with a bit of sac. Am I going mad or do these sound like plums ie he's definately a male, or have I missed something in my bunny knowledge & it's something does have that I've never discovered before!? :oops::)

it sounds a little like you might have a boy :D:D when they are about to drop you can feel them under the surface and the skin is pink, with very little fur and might be a bit wrinkled. You could post some photos here for people to confirm.

Well I've just had another look & I'm sure I can feel one under the skin but they resemble empty pink sacs today!
It's difficult to photograph as he's so fluffy down there but i will recheck in a week to see if there is any difference otherwise he'll get a complex about me keep looking at his bits!!
Does don't have small sac-like bits either side of their genitals do they?

they can retract at will...if he isn't with any other bunny & it doesn't matter that much I wouldn't worry about it & wait till he goes for his VHD and get the vet to check for certain.

Males and females do have scent glands there, but I would keep a close eye out for plums appearing over the next few days

Yes must try to stop checking the poor little mite :oops::oops::oops:
Will have to leave it to mother nature for the moment & hope that I'm not imagining plums! :lol:

Back