• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phantom Pregnancy

natalie2009

Young Bun
Hi just after some advise we recently got two bunnies mum and baby (9 weeks) both does, mum is nest making im presuming its a phantom as shes not at all fat and i wouldnt have thought she had been with a male before we got her. But what should i do? Do i just remove the nest each day? She made it yesterday and i cleaned it out today before even looking really help!

Let her build the nest and leave it for a 4 or 5 days before removing it, that way if she is pregnant she wont be continually plucking fur to make a warm safe place for the babies. If babies dont appear then remove it.

I would consider getting the older female speyed as this will lower her hormones which in turn will make her feel happier in her self, it will increase the chance of the mum and daughter being able to stay together and will aslo reduce her chance of developing uterine cancer.

Back