• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help - is something wrong with whiskey ud am i over reacting - help

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
he seemed fine yesterday gave him some free time running round the garden then chasing him trying to get him back into his run.
this morning he seems quiet - keeps wanting to lie down - he hardly ever does this - it is quite warm - but he hasnt eaten much and normally he practically jumps on me - Ieven gave the greens to him so he didnt ahve to go downstairs - he just keeps lying down
is it ok or am i being over protective from reading too much on here about buns wanting to press tummy to floor
help

Last edited:
It sounds like your bunny's digestive tract is slowing down and you have the start of stasis.

I would strongly advise getting your bun to the vets so that he can be examined properly and can be given some metacam and some metochlopramide to help promote motility of the gut.

You have done well to spot this early.

Is he pooing? If he is pressing his tummy down this can be a sign of pain. I really would get him to a vet to get checked out.

Statis is the slowing down of the digestive tract and if not treated quickly can in some cases be fatal but with quick treatment recovery success it high.

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html this is information about stasis.

Rabbits are prey animals and they do not usually show that they are in pain. If your rabbit is not moving about, appears to be in pain, has a reduced intake there is definately something going on and this needs to be investigated. The earlier treatment is sought the less problems which will develope.

hes pooing fine
and now sat eating his greens
was I over reacting?

No, you are not over reacting. However if he is pushing his tum down it could be a sign that things are not quite right. Suggest you keep a very close eye on him and if it continues in a couple of hours get him to the vet to be on the safe side.

Get him to move round and lots of hay and some extra fluid if you can too.

This morning he seems quiet - keeps wanting to lie down - but he hasnt eaten much and normally he practically jumps on me - he just keeps lying down

If he is eating and pooing, he has not gone into full stasis. You don't mention if he is drinking as this is essential to maintain hydration. However reading your first post, the sentances I have highlighted above ring alarms bells to me, there is something going on which needs investigation quickly as this can lead to your rabbit going into full stasis.

Back