• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fuming!!!!!!

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I posted last week about my neighbour and his bonfire well i got in from work about an hour ago its got one going next to the fence and my rabbits are out in there runs,So i get straight on to getting them in only to find my tarpaulin has holes in it where the hot ash has been blowing over:censored: So glad i covered them up this morning otherwise it would of been on them:( I waited for him to come out and i said 'hiya could u just be aware all the hot ashes have been blowing over onto my rabbit runs,its got holes in the tarpaulin',he said 'sorry' i said 'well to be honest im really ****** off'! and walked off!!! Im shaking im so angry

This is what direct.gov has to say.

Nuisance
If you are having a bonfire, the smoke, soot, and smell created by the fire can annoy your neighbours. Smoke can prevent your neighbours from enjoying their gardens, opening windows or hanging washing out. Smoke also reduces visibility in the neighbourhood and on roads.

If your neighbours are having a bonfire and you are bothered by smoke, approach them and explain the problem. You might feel awkward, but they may not be aware of the distress they are causing. Hopefully, they will understand and be more considerate in the future. If talking to your neighbours fails, contact your local council's environmental health department. However, if your neighbours only occasionally light bonfires, this is unlikely to be considered a nuisance in law. The Environmental Protection UK leaflet 'Garden Bonfires' explains the situation in more detail.

I bet he would be cross if your bunny poo landed in his garden! *****!!!

people are so inconsiderate!! your poor buns, i'm so glad they didn't get hurt :( my friend had her trampoline destroyed by bonfires, it ended up full of holes... there was nothing done about it though, the people just got away with it!

Well he must of been really sorry cause he did the same thing at 9am this morning:censored:
:shock::shock: How rude! Have you thought of contacting the RSPCA? I don't know if they can do anything but somebody has to stop your neighbour's irresponsible behaviour before any animals get hurt.

That really is awful. :? I would have a sit down with that neighbor to discuss possible solutions. Maybe he could contain his bonfires in some kind of enclosure, or light them much farther away from your side of the fence.

( By the way, for the title of this thread.... pun intended? :D )

I think you need to speak to the Environmental health department of your Council. Have a look on their website and see if it says anything about bonfires. I know some Councils say that bonfires/fires should not be causing a nuisance. I would consider this to be a nuisance.

Back