• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squab!

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
About 6ft from my back door :shock: I chased it off pretty sharpish, wouldn't have been long before one of the kitties found it. It can't fly well yet, but boy can it climb :shock:

Squab.jpg

I assume so, it could be another one I suppose - I don't know how many young a pigeon raises at one time, but it's probably likely it's the same one :)

I remember finding a baby pigeon when I worked in kennels when I was 17, scared the living daylights of me :? The vet took it away and survived to fly away..

It's a baby pigeon :)

It's been stumbling around our lawn and undergrowth for the past couple of days, goodness knows how it's evaded the cats so far but it seems to have mastered the art of disguise really well even if it can't fly! When I first saw it, I put it on top of the shed (I know you're not supposed to move fledglings but I thought it was about to get eaten by a fat ginger kitty) and it's been fed by its mum and been mooching around the garden ever since!

Jay - it is really sweet, when it's wandering around it has a very different posture to an adult pigeon, its head and neck are much more folded back onto itself like a resting swan, it's still very fluffy as well, although you can't see that very well from the photo :)

Back