• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

staying at the vets U/D eating *happy*

busterandme

Warren Scout
Buster has been to the vets every day since his op to have painkiller and a gut stimulant to no avail; no poos, not eating by himself; so he has been taken in and put on a drip this morning :cry: He will be ok, won't he? Has anyone had a bun recover back to 100% after this? I really miss him I want him back home so badly :cry:

Last edited:
He had a dental :(

The last 2 times he has had it his reaction has been terrible. The vet thinks his left cheek has nerve damage and/or is paralysed now too. He can lap water but lost interest in trying to eat on thursday evening as everytime he chews he sneezes :?

Wish I could make it all better for him I really love him :cry:

Sending lots of vibes and girlie bunny kisses from Lola and Lucy for Buster.:love:

Keep us posted on how he gets on. I would be a nervous wreck, x x x x

Has the Vet taken skull radiographs?

No he hasn't what is that for? To check his teeth roots? He was talking about doing a biopsy of his cheek.

I feel so sorry for him, he's had a really rough week back and forth to the vets constantly, having injections and being pulled about. All the stress hasn't done him any good at all, it's been like one step forward two steps back.

Sending lots of vibes and girlie bunny kisses from Lola and Lucy for Buster.:love:

Keep us posted on how he gets on. I would be a nervous wreck, x x x x

I am, I keep crying, he looks in such a bad way. It is shocking how quickly they change. I'm sure B would love the girlie attention if he was feeling better! They are going to call us tomorrow to let us know how he is getting on

thank you xx

He was stressing so much at the vets he was getting himself all in a tangle with the drip wire. Got him home now. He's just chillin' in the corner. Happy he's home but he's not better yet

Thank you :)

Buster was so chilled once he got home last night, his breathing was a little heavy and fast for a while but he really calmed down. At least I know he likes it here with me, no matter how stroppy he seems sometimes.

I don't want to speak to soon but I think he is on the mend. He is going back to the vets at 10am for another lot of injections, I'll let you know how he gets on

I'm really glad he is home with me and he is calm :)

Only just seen this, sending him some eating and pooping vibes. I find mine are better at home in their normal surroundings.

When Katy had a blockage, she would go in for the day and I would pick her up to bring her home at night and drop her off next morning.

when Sparkle had to stay at vets it really stressed her out. She was not eating or pooing and in the end Kayj suggested I brought her home. To be honest it was the best thing as she was much more relaxed at home and is now fully fit and driving us all mad (as it should be!!!) I do hope it works the same for you. I know what a worry it is. I didn't sleep all the time she was in the hospital.

Back from the vets, and I'm now sitting very quietly trying not to move or distract him because he is currently chewing on some parsley all by himself. Plus, a miracle has happened, he has eaten some HAY! :shock: :D:D:D

I have no idea why but he is still sneezing when he starts to chew but is fine once he has got into it

So, apparently the answer was... he was having Metoclopramide but yesterday the vet used Reta... something (I will find out the exact name tomorrow)

I'm so happy I could scream but I don't want to disturb! :D

Thanks everyone :)

Back