• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick queation regarding baby rabbit pellets.

Zara

Mama Doe
After buying my two rabbits new hutches I got tw bags of baby rabbit pellets free, advertisied for small rabbits as well as babies/young rabbits.

Now two bags of free rabbit food goes a long way for me since i'm a college student but my two rabbits are two years old, would they be ok eating these pellets (they eat rabbit pellets/nuggets anyway) or would the nutrition be way off? If they CAN safely eat it do they need a larger/smaller amount then usual because of the ingrediants, or should i just drop the baby rabbit pellets off at the nearest rabbit sanctuary? The bag of pellets doesn't specify the difference between normal pellets and baby ones, sorry if i sound dumb but I would rather be safe then sorry :roll:

.... I hadn't thought of that :roll: I'd had the hutches delivered see xD I'll go and ask them if that would be ok, they've not been opened or anything :oops:

After buying my two rabbits new hutches I got tw bags of baby rabbit pellets free, advertisied for small rabbits as well as babies/young rabbits.

Now two bags of free rabbit food goes a long way for me since i'm a college student but my two rabbits are two years old, would they be ok eating these pellets (they eat rabbit pellets/nuggets anyway) or would the nutrition be way off? If they CAN safely eat it do they need a larger/smaller amount then usual because of the ingrediants, or should i just drop the baby rabbit pellets off at the nearest rabbit sanctuary? The bag of pellets doesn't specify the difference between normal pellets and baby ones, sorry if i sound dumb but I would rather be safe then sorry :roll:

Pellets designed for youngsters tend to be more calorific and contain more protein to aid growth. Adult rabbits are at risk of obesity from these pellets so i would advise against it unless you give them a very small portion. Does the bag have a nutritional breakdown? If so what is it, could you post? I have TONS of nutrition info (writing an assignment on it now, or should be :lol:) I can attempt to work out a suitable portion for you :)

Good, was going to suggest a swap my 4 year old rabbit has been advised to eat baby pellets as she is losing a lot of weight and I have big pellets. Never mind more for Winston.

Back