• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NIC Cubes, Dog Crate or Indoor Rabbit Cage?

Pinkchi

Warren Scout
Which is best?

I have changed my mind and now decided to get a house rabbit, which will live in my room & be allowed to free range all day as there isn't anything she would be able to get into. I have yet to move wires out of the way but thats a 5 min job.

In the space i have i could fit either I have mentioned above. Although I might have difficulty with a huge dog crate, a large one shouldn't be too much trouble

Thanks

*EDIT* I should have also added that I'm on the waiting list for a Mini Lop

Last edited:
I've got both. Honey used to have a 36 inch dog crate and was free range all the time I have now taken it away.

NIC grids are good as you can make them whatever size you want but you need to make a door in them.

Would an indoor rabbit cage be okay? I'm thinking about getting the pink one from pets at home (same size as a nero 2 i believe) but will probably remove the platform & remove the door or re-hang it so she will be able to come and go as she pleases without getting her feet stuck in the door.

Will she be free range 24/7 and just using the cage as a base? The only indoor cage I've used is a nero 4 which would be the smallest acceptable in my eyes if bun was to be shut in it for any amount of time :) If it just as a base it doesn't matter too much as long as they have somewhere to feel safe :)

I think a nero 2 sized cage would be a waste of money to be honest. It would be too small for the bunny to use properly and they are quite expensive for what they are. I would buy one box of NIC cubes and corner off a small area of the room for bunny to call his own but leave it open for him to free range 24/7

The pink cage from P@H is a waste of money and not a great size for a cage, i have a NIC setup and would recommend it for indoor bunnies or a 48" dog crate :D

Oh i was just feeling rather pleased with myself for managing to get a pink cage off ebay, and locally aswell.....
I know its not the biggest....but she won't be shut in. She will have my whole room 24/7 so its not that bad is it? :(

I think it would be fine as a base.

Tinkerbell hasn't got a proper base at all, she just has a pink bed and a litter tray. She usually just sits under the kitchen table when she wants a little sleep or rest :D

Oh i was just feeling rather pleased with myself for managing to get a pink cage off ebay, and locally aswell.....
I know its not the biggest....but she won't be shut in. She will have my whole room 24/7 so its not that bad is it? :(

They do pink dog crates. Don't ask why but my boy bunny Wesley has one. You can get them from ebay ;)

Here's a piccie.

honeycage.jpg

Last edited:
Back