• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baytril expiary date?

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Jazz is on baytril for his infection, but he decided it would be fun to throw the bottle while I was getting the correct dosage out! So some was spilled... I managed to salvage most. My question is can I use some which is just over a month old? I have some from when I had eclipse the bottle is un opened the sticker is dated 21st march..

I think it depends on how it's been stored. I'm not certain, but I think it can get almost white threadlike, cloudy elements in it after a time and lose it's effectiveness, but not sure what the time limit is.

Peppermint is on life long Baytril and I know a while ago I had Petal on it at the same time. She finished her 10 day course and there was still some left over. Peppers ran out and I used Petals's spare to bridge the few days before I could pick up his next batch. It was less than a month old though, so not sure that helps really ( realising I'm waffling...:oops::oops:)

if it's in the brown bottle then it's just 1 month from when it was made up. I asked my vet about it some time ago and he double checked with his supplier

Back