• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Essex-Myxomatosis Warning

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Over the past week there have been a few threads over in 'Health' regarding Buns with confirmed Myxomatosis :cry: All cases have been in Essex.

Just cross posting here as I know some of you dont visit 'Health' on a regular basis.

Thanks Jane - I worry most about Santa as she is due for her booster soon and there's no way she can have it at the moment :? It must be starting early because of the good weather this year; my vet said she saw virtually no cases last year so maybe it's going to peak again this time :(

Thanks for the warning i keep meaning to booked appointment at vets will definately ring them Monday morning now.

I have Ghostie and Toffee due in a few weeks but will dicuss with my vet to bring it forward as while on a walk there was a dead myxi rabbit and Spider was sniffing around it. I didn't go near it affraid of getting the lice jumping on me, but Spi hasn't been allowed near them.

Most are done here, just 5 more going in on Tuesday.
Can a suspected pregnant bunny have its vaccination?

Thanks Jane...come to think of it I've seen a few wildies with it this week :cry: but penny hadn't really dropped... Mine are all up-to-date with vaccs - will make sure it stays that way!!

Back