• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tonight in the vets......

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
We popped Lily up tonight for a check on her tummy as she wasnt pooping a lot...I wanted my mind at rest so I took her and she seems fine. Shes had a metaclop.. vacs and an anti inflamatry just incase...she is still very happy and hasnt been in any pain at all. The vet wasnt sure if she had a little blockage or if her tummy was full as she'd just eaten and could feel some poos in there..which have no appeared in the litter tray :lol: I am hoping it was a minor blip and she just wasnt pooping as much as normal...

ANYWAYYYY...

While we were there this woman came in COVERED in blood...and had a rabbit in a carrier. She went into the room with the vet and about 10 minutes later emerged with no rabbit....I was all concerned thinking the poor thing had died :(

We later found out that the woman had left the rabbit with the vets because it'd attacked her son and bitten the end of his finger off :| hence the absolutely blood stained tshirt she was wearing. It was an intact male apparently who they are now going to neuter and HOPEFULY calm down...I'm going to ask how he is next time im in there with my lot when they get their nails/teeth sorted out.

Poor bun and poor child. If ONLY people would learn they aren't kids pets..as the boy had obviously been teasing it to lash out that much?! Apparently the rabbit was an absolute nightmare to the nurses aswell :(

Poor bunny it was obviously terrified to lash out like that. I know for a fact one of my nieces shouldn't be allowed near rabbits unsupervised as she does not leave her dogs alone. :roll:

exactly. when I'm next in I'm going to suggest they try speaking to a rescue about him if hes still agressive after his op, as the vet was saying she didnt know if it'd get pts if he was still bad :( because he'd be too hard to treat and handle :| i almost offered to take him myself but can't risk my own and have no room or money :(
its so terrible when you cant save them all :(

I know, I'm going to try my best when I'm next there. He was very worked up tonight cos of what had gone on so I am praying that onces his plums have gone and hes had chance to de stress and calm he'll be ok :(

How awful :cry: Please please do suggest the rescue option - it would be horrible for him to have his life end just because he is misunderstood and has bitten someone, I'd bet anything that not only was he being teased but also that the bite would not have had such a horrific effect if it weren't for it being on the finger. He does not deserve to have his life end for that :censored:

(Also I am glad that Lily is okay!)

Awwh poor bunny :( :( Id of had him :oops:

Hope Lilykins will be ok :love:

We were at the vets yesterday too hun :lol: Did you see Katy? Shes lovely but it was her last day yesterday :(

xXx

:lol::lol: I would LOVE to!
but I cant have anymore, I need to win the lottery first, the amount Lily costs me!

Maybe if they are stuck with him you could offer to 'take him off their hands' in exchange for free treatment? just a thought!

aww how awful for both rabbit and child. A case of holding the parent responsible i think. I have three children, aged from 6 months to 4 years, but i never let the rabbits out in the house through the day, only throughout the evening. Sometimes i will let them sit nicely on the sofa and see if jynx would like a stroke, but not that often, always when i am there next to them. My other rabbit, he is not a people rabbit at all, he loves me, but anyone else, he just doesnt want to be handled. I respect that.

Maybe if you could take him and foster him for about a week until a space comes available in a rescue?

Back