• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring fever caused fighting?

Hi All,

Just come back from a very long day at work! Came to feed the bunnies as per normal and discovered that Truffle has lost a chunk of fur from her back :shock::shock: Bean has had a lot of Spring Fever lately. Truffle is ok and her normal happy self and doesn't seem stressed...neither does Bean. However, I am really worried about this. I am wondering if Bean has tried to 'have a go' if you know what I mean and latched on to Truffle. I don't know. As I say, she has lost a patch of fur and it looks a bit pinky red. The poor girl has really been through the wars lately and I am feeling rubbish again.

Any advice?
:cry::cry::cry:

Is the patch on the top of the back, it may be where she had her baytrill injection from when she was speyed.

Is the patch on the top of the back, it may be where she had her baytrill injection from when she was speyed.

Yup just behind her shoulder blade bits if you will. The two sticky out bits. I never thought of it being that! Would it appear so later after her spay? Its been over two weeks now!
:?

Two weeks is about average for these to suddenly show. Usually nothing is noticable and then it just appears leaving you wondering how you have never noticed it before.

Two weeks is about average for these to suddenly show. Usually nothing is noticable and then it just appears leaving you wondering how you have never noticed it before.

Yeah that is totally it. Also, no fur or anything in the cage apart from what looks like a normal amount on the carpets they sleep on. Just bit bizarre!?

She is perfectly happy and zooming round the house like a little monester as per normal and doing lots of binkis. However, I just can't believe we didn't notice it this morning and now we can see this patch of fur missing which looks quite red!:shock::shock:

Ok guys so the scabby area on Truffles back has got bigger over night. :shock: Its all scabbed over and it doesn't seem to be bothering her. Its quite hard to touch too and underneath there doesn't feel like there is any sort of abscess. There has been no evidence of fighting or anything during the night.

Its just so confusing.

We have applied some sudocrem to the wound and she doesn't seem to be licking it off.

Do Baytril burns expand?
Could it be anything more sinister?

Do Baytril burns expand?
Could it be anything more sinister?

I would not worry too much about the wound, sometimes they are slow to heal and sometimes the areas at the side do suddenly come off after looking like they were not affected. The middle bit of yours sounds like it is healing well.

I had a piggie who had a huge area affected on his back, it appeared to heal and then the new area peeled off leaving a larger area than the first time, this happened twice more and then regrew as if nothing had happened. He was the worse one I had for healing after wards. I did apply aloe vera gel, however have no proof that this made it better or worse.

I am sure it will settle

I would not worry too much about the wound, sometimes they are slow to heal and sometimes the areas at the side do suddenly come off after looking like they were not affected. The middle bit of yours sounds like it is healing well.

I had a piggie who had a huge area affected on his back, it appeared to heal and then the new area peeled off leaving a larger area than the first time, this happened twice more and then regrew as if nothing had happened. He was the worse one I had for healing after wards. I did apply aloe vera gel, however have no proof that this made it better or worse.

I am sure it will settle

Thanks Janice,

Sorry to worry so much but she has just been under the weather after her spay. What with her wound coming open from that and now this wound on her back. Just really feel for her. I also don't think little Beany is helping by keep grooming it the whole time. I just don't want him to irritate it.

Also, don't want the vets tomorrow to think that we are being irrisponsible for not bringing her in earlier but as I say it looks as though its all healing and scabbing over it was just a shock that this new bit appeared.

Back