• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little confused??

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Ok so Fudge had a whole dandelion on wednesday (she was ment to get half of one but stole the whole thing) anyway it gave her a little gassy tummy which cleared up after infacol and tummy rubs :)

Yesterday after her veg her tummy got gassy again so after a little more infacol and tummy rubs it was fine again.

Now tonight she got another gassy tummy after her veg and im thinking its due to her veg thats causing the gassy tummy :? All she had was her usual spring greens (not the nicest looking bag ive had) and a little carrot didnt give her the herbs tonight as they didnt look to healthy and didnt want to give broccoli incase of gas :roll:
Well i gave her tummy rubs and that helped out without infacol but i didnt give her some zantac as her poo looked slightly smaller after her veg!

Should i stop veg for a few days and see if its the veg thats the problem?
Only thing is she doesnt eat alot of hay so i will need to up her pellets slightly to replace the veg or will she be fine on a little hay and her usual pellets?

Just confued as not given her anything new apart from the dandelion and she is used to all her veg :?

ANy advice?
:wave:

Edit: Also her poo went quite moist after her veg now a little smaller than before, was like this the past 2 nights but was normal by morning?

I would be reluctant to inrease her pellets if she is prone to GI problems, by increasing the pellets she will eat less hay, rabbits with gut problems need a high intake of hay.

What is the history of your rabbit, how old is it, what history of gut problems has it had, what pellets, veg is it currently having including quantity.

I would be reluctant to inrease her pellets if she is prone to GI problems, by increasing the pellets she will eat less hay, rabbits with gut problems need a high intake of hay.

What is the history of your rabbit, how old is it, what history of gut problems has it had, what pellets, veg is it currently having including quantity.

She is 2 this December
she had tummy problems from about 1 month old on excel pellets then i changed to Allen and page which helped her alot.
she hates hay and ppicks at it and she is my dental bunny.
She is and has been used to the following for almost a year now - spring greens, carrot, broccoli, mint, basil, parsley, apple. She used to get cabbage but after a while gave her runny poo so stopped it and she has been fine until lately :?
she gets a small bowl full of veg each night (about a hanful of mixed)

She gets a tablespoon of pellets morning and night, used to be 1 and a half teaspoons at night only but she is on metacam for her teeth and i dont want to give metacam on an empty tummy so i changed to morning and night :)

Back