• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Damage your bun has created? Or not...

I know you who have house buns will have bunny proofed first... but just wondered what sort of damage your buns had made to stuff of yours?

I ask because I know dog owners will often compare damage created!

I went to a lady's house the other night to cut her Jack Russel dog's nails and whilst there, I met Benjamin the house bunny.

She has the bunny, the dog and the cat all milling about together and the dog and rabbit play together (nearly the same size).

Well Benjamin started off as an outdoor bunny and was brought in because he wasn't getting enough attention.

He now has an indoor cage where he is closed in if they go out but he is allowed to wander all over the house when they're in and the cage is open.

No bunny proofing done, whatsoever - Benjamin has never even attempted the floor length curtains, he's never attempted to chew wires, he's never dug the floor, he's destroyed the argos book and ripped some wall paper off the walls. He hasn't chewed any wooden fixtures they have and hasn't bothered with the furniture. There were wires trailing across the floor as her daughter was on her laptop and he regularly goes to sit behind the TV with all the cables and is never tempted to chew!
He is allowed access to all areas (although stays near them) but there are shoes paired up all the way up the stairs and he's never bothered with them either!

This shocked me! Is he one of a kind or do you have a bunny not interested in damaging your home? Or are you opposite with a bunny determined to wreak havoc?! :lol:

Lucy has never bothered.

Lola was another story - chewed wallpaper, wires, sofas, dug up carpet, ripped up every bed we got ehr, chewed lap top/charger/TV wires, pinch food, chew under the coffee table BUT she ahs calmed down since being speyed and having Lucy as a bun friend x x

I'm assuming Lola was there first on her own and then Lucy came along? Do you think Lucy would've been like Lola if she hadn't had Lola as a friend? Are they both the same breed/mix?

Benjamin is an only bunny with the company of the owner, the dog and the cat but no other rabbit companion.

Or do you think some buns are just predisposed to be little beggars whereas others are more laid back naturally?

mine have chewed a few cables but they're now all gone and they don't touch anything that isn't theirs. patal hovers crums around the table.

All I am going to say is ask SOAD what damage a rabbit can cause as one of hers was on Britains naughtiest pets:lol::lol::lol:

All I am going to say is ask SOAD what damage a rabbit can cause as one of hers was on Britains naughtiest pets
serious? i think i might have seen that one, is it the one where she was told to put the naughty bun into a time out area? and he was chewing absolutly everything in the house, all her lovely wall paper was gone and the staircase was in bad shape too.

Ours are pretty much angels :D :D Spice has never touched a wire/paper/furniture :lol: Ozzy has got through my mates laptop wire when she was ment to be supervising them :shock: and one out of the four (we never found out who) got through the phone wire :D There are also a few unknown nibbles out of the curtians/arms of chairs ;)

Mine over the years have eaten every electric cable in the house,wallpaper,carpet,chairs,trees and you name it they have eaten It.I dont care I love them dearly:love::love::love::love::love:

My very first rabbit, Bunge, 'scalloped' every single inch of the cedar wood windowsills in my parent's conservatory. That was nearly 20 years ago and to this very day, the pretty wrinkly edges are still there, bold as brass!!!!! Mum never lets me forget:oops:.

Between them the animals that come through this house have destroy a huge amount of stuff. Carpets, curtains, lino, door frames, wall paper, leather chair, sofa, Surround sound system, hoover, broadband cable, books, clothes, wii charging station, skirting boards you name it!

Never mind, they seem happy :D

Most of my buns are good...

Casper is a naughty boy and would be rubbish in the house as he loves chewing my £45 a roll wall paper :shock:

Alyssa the house bunny loves wires, but we keep them away when shes out!!

Sox was my worst; wallpaper then the plaster underneath, books, carpet, shoes, computer wire, phone chargers, dvd cases (always ones we had borrowed from friends never our own:oops::oops::oops:) limited edition signed robbie williams cd cover, sofas, curtains you name it he did it despite us doing our best to keep it out of his way!:roll: Wouldn't have changed him for the world though!::lol::lol:

I have 2 very destructive bunnies :roll: Millie and thumper find it funny to chew the carpet, eat wires, chew the plaster board and eat their blanket :?

Fudge is an Angel, she isnt been spayed yet and only enjoys nibbling on wires that dangle :lol: She doesnt bother by the walls, carpet, her beds etc and has the odd accident outside her litter tray.
Skye is the same as fudge but wees everywhere and refuses to be litter trained.

Some bunnies dont realise they are bunnies so dont destroy things and prefer to lounge about and get snuggles :)

Oliver has demolished lots of yellow pages and catalogues then demolished a few books.

My house wasn't bunny proof when I got him (he was an impulse buy, for all the wrong reasons, but I'd never be without him) so I've done cables as I've gone along - I kept an eye on him though to begin with to make sure he didn't nibble anything.

He's never chewed my curtains and I managed to stop any carpet nibbling very quickly :D He has however chewed through 2 laptop cables :roll:

I don't think I've had Ebs long enough for her to do any real damage - they aren't completely free range again yet but my sofa has had a good soaking from the pair of them :evil:

My list is endless
Bed clothes, Clothes, Towels etc all nibbled in winston fashion (sorry he says its cutomising)
My spare room wall and carpet and the new carpet to replace the old ate one!
Our new sofa after I warned him not to eat the leather corners or wood legs. " I was good mummy I only ate the cushion edges on all the sofa/chirs"
My garden no matter where I hide plants he sniffs them out
Best was prob my knickers near halloween his excuse "I wanted to be a ghostie mummy"
Oh and angel, bless he likes to nibble her back
Angel well she ate the telly cable and blamed it on Winston and dug her way through there Pyramid bed "Call it archaology mummy"
You can follow their diary on www.hoppybunnyrabit.com

Mine are pretty good. If I leave clothes or anything outside my door Eeyore thinks he should bring it through the stair gate for me :roll:

Just found "goodie goodie" Lucy sat on the top of my pine coffee table, munching on it!:oops:

:lol: spoke to soon lmao.

Honey has chewed through a nintendo wii wire my house phone wire and chews my table legs but other than that she has been fabb she only chews thin wires not thick ones at all and doent ouch curtain or wallpaper give her a crdboard box and she will be occupied for hours!!!

Back