• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No pellets?

tan_gerine

New Kit
I read somewhere on the fourm that some people don't feed their bunnies pellets or a mix, but let them live on hay, grass and veg...and something called A&P (or something like that).

Is it really ok to not feed pellets to rabbits, as it sounds like something I'd like to do if it is? And what is A&P?

Thanks!

I beleive Hugo's There has a few buns that live on hay only diets due to their health.
Allen & Paige Natural Rabbit Pellets (A&P) are just another rabbit pellet, they're high in fibre and for 20kg are only £8.50, that's cheap as chips.
My 3 thrive on it, along with of course, plenty of hay :)

A&P stands for Allen and Page rabbit pellets which are high in fibre and work out very economical to use for feeing rabbits. These can be seen on the following link http://www.bunnybazaar.com/more/on/details/AP6

There are people who give their rabbit no pellets, particuarly those who are very prone to gut and dental problems. After all in the wild they do not have access to pellets, most can manage without them. Rabbits only need a small amount of pellets a day, at ARC we feed about an egg cup full a day for each rabbit, they make up the rest of their diet on grass, hay, greens and a few other vegetables.

I had a bunny on a hay and dried herbs diet for 6 months. Basically, her gut wouldn't tolerate even a single pellet a day, or veggies. I'm convinced this lengthened her life, but I'd only do it for a sick bun. If/when I have bunnies in the future I will only feed small amounts of pellets though - just enough to be fed by hand, rather than putting it in a bowl.

Back