• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Putting bunny back outside

sazzy

Warren Veteran
Whens the best time to put bunnies back outside i brought roger in before winter as he wasn't well he is all better now and i want to put him back outside but whens the best time. thanks

Last edited:
Hi Sazzy
I'm no bunny expert but we had Gwen in over the winter and she went back into her hutch about two weeks ago. She has a double decked hutch for the night and then weather permitting she goes in her run all day.

I'm no expert either but I would just be guided by the weather for your area. I would choose a nice warm day to start off and put him out during the day. If the temperature is going to drop a lot at night I would bring him in again for the night. Then as the nights cease to be so cold I would start to leave him out at night as well making sure he has plenty of bedding to snuggle in if he needs to and covering over the hutch for extra protection.

Thanks for the replies :D He goes out during the day when it's nice :)
He is really bored indoors as he is away fro the rest of the bunnies i think i will put him out this weekend or next :D

They have blankets and tarpauling on at night so it should be nice and warm for him

I'd start putting him out on nice days and keep him out when all the other buns have ended their moult :wave:

I don't want to sound daft but when will i no when they have finished moulting as on mine you can't tell if there moulting or not :roll::lol:

I don't want to sound daft but when will i no when they have finished moulting as on mine you can't tell if there moulting or not :roll::lol:

Well do they look extremely scruffy at the moment? :lol:
Mine look like they've been dragged through a hedge backwards :lol:
Also Ghostie and Toffee's poos are stringed together as Toffee is an Angora X so they indgest a lot of the fur which comes out in their poos which strings them together.

Well do they look extremely scruffy at the moment? :lol:
Mine look like they've been dragged through a hedge backwards :lol:
Also Ghostie and Toffee's poos are stringed together as Toffee is an Angora X so they indgest a lot of the fur which comes out in their poos which strings them together.

No they don't look scruffy or anything and no stringy poo either they never have the only one who has stringy poo's sometimes is maisy as she is lionhead cross and she is alot fluffier than daisy spot milly hunny and harley
Roger looks a bit scruffy at the moment on his legs so he is moulting at the moment

I think you can put him out now, the temperature outside is going to be very close to what you have inside.

Check the forecast though and if they say it's going to drop to below say 10degC then I would bring him in for the night. Although in reality he would likely be fine with temperatures down to 5degC.

Back