• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furthest bunny-run?

I don't know...I've done a hammy run from London to Leamington spa....as hammy's are smaller than bunnies do I get extra millage i.e. does one bunny mile count as 7 hammy miles?

I don't know...I've done a hammy run from London to Leamington spa....as hammy's are smaller than bunnies do I get extra millage i.e. does one bunny mile count as 7 hammy miles?

Unless the hammie did actually run from London to Lemington Spa, I don't think it'd count as 7 hammy miles :lol:

As long as he didn't escape in the car - now that would've been fun :D

no he had one of those mini carriers which are ever so posh....we didn't have them in my gerbil owning days......the whole rotastack had to be wedged into the car :lol::lol:

I think the furthest would be just the road past Starlight's Rescue, anything in that area including Honey you'll be fine ;)

my bun Sooty came by bunnyrun from Yorkshire to Gloucester via Slough(with overnights)
and I did a small part of a bunnyrun from Plymouth to Northampton(with overnight)

I do believe some buns have come by train too. -Sue:wave:

I think the main thing is that buns can stop to drink/eat as most won't do so while moving and clearly that could be a problem on a hot day or for a long journey. Sometimes overnight stays are needed where continuity cant be done same day or where journey too long.

wet leaves/carrot/apple bits left in carrier and stops for water (at service stations) I find best, as the water bottle drips over everything(and them) and they dont use it while on the move.

I suppose any distance is possible, if enough people are each willing to do a short leg of the journey. _Sue:wave:

Last edited:
I was involved in a bunrun from Scotland to Southampton a few years ago :wave: That was a fair distance

If my memory serves me right it was a bun called Rocky from Bunnyhugger in Aberdeen and he went to a new home near me down in Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh... a total journey of around 565 miles :shock:

Yeah it was from Perth right down wasn't it?

If been involved in a fair few runs from down south up to dundee i think is the furthest, and i have personally had buns from Old Clouston, in Surrey.

There was this one

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=54816&highlight=Iceman

God Phill, I fogot about that one. That was a mad day there were rabbits at mine everywhere:lol::lol::lol::lol:
That was the Haolloween Party and when Rudy first met his new mummy Loopylop:D:D

Back