• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thought i'd share pics of Elliot again

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
He's been with us nearly two weeks now and we love him so much. He's putting on some weight and the staining on his wee feet is starting to reduce now. Ive never met such a loving bun. He is still not overly keen on being picked up but he lets me pick him up for a cuddle. He doesnt like it when you stand up with him or move so we are taking it slowly and doing things at his own pace. We are just quite honoured he has shown us so much trust and allowed us to have such a lovely relationship with him.

Here is his new home. This is where he sleeps at night and his his "base" through the day as the door is open most of the time.

DSC02124Small.jpg

DSC02122Small.jpg

DSC02065Small.jpg

Enjoying relaxing on the grass
DSC01948Small.jpg

DSC01945Small.jpg

My friend who works at my vets popped in to see him and fell in :love:
DSC01940Small.jpg

me thinks someone is getting a little spoilt :D
he looks so small in his new cage:shock: nice to see his fur is looking much better :)

me thinks someone is getting a little spoilt :D
he looks so small in his new cage:shock: nice to see his fur is looking much better :)

Awww :lol: if anybun deserves it then its Elliot! :D
I know what you mean about him looking small :shock: :shock:
The cage we had is normally just for temporary use over fireworks night so its too small for anybun for any length. If he bonds with the others we will keep the cage for them for fireworks night and if he doesnt we will see about getting some shelves in them.

Thanks again for comments everyone :wave:

You have done wonders with him, Thank You:D He looks brilliant as he was in such a mess when he came in:?

Aww Elliotts gorgeous. :love::love: Glad hes getting better, well done x

Can i ask who your friend is who works at vet? does she work in the one in Carnoustie?:shock::?. I know this is random but i really recognise her :lol: even though its not her face!! (is her name Alison?)

Last edited:
Yep its Alison! I used to work with her years ago when we worked in the kennels at monifieth together :D

Thank you for the comments on elliot everyone.

Kay it has been a pleasure. We are just taking our time with him. He is so friendly and calm and loves my son cuddling hiim :lol: He doesnt play or run around too much. Hes happy just lying there getting lots of attention. That may come with time. He's starting rearing up onto his hindlegs a few times which he never seemed to do before. We have started giving him several small meals a day and he seems to each much more that way. His poos arent great but once he gets to an ideal weight and we reduce pellets etc hopefully his hay eating will sort that out! We are also giving him a bit of weetabix and some porridge oats for his supper which he loves and seems to be helping bulk his poos a little.

Last edited:
Glad things are going well :) I need to fatten Gabbie up a bit (she's had teeth trouble) and I'm just wondering how do you give the weetabix and porridge ? Do you mix it with water? Thanks

Yep its Alison! I used to work with her years ago when we worked in the kennels at monifieth together :D

Thank you for the comments on elliot everyone.

Kay it has been a pleasure. We are just taking our time with him. He is so friendly and calm and loves my son cuddling hiim :lol: He doesnt play or run around too much. Hes happy just lying there getting lots of attention. That may come with time. He's starting rearing up onto his hindlegs a few times which he never seemed to do before. We have started giving him several small meals a day and he seems to each much more that way. His poos arent great but once he gets to an ideal weight and we reduce pellets etc hopefully his hay eating will sort that out! We are also giving him a bit of weetabix and some porridge oats for his supper which he loves and seems to be helping bulk his poos a little.

He didn't run around much when he was with me but that is probably due to the fact that the RSPCA Inspector saved him from living in a 2ft hutch covered in his own urine and everything else. I put him in a two tier hutch when he came to me and he would drag the litter tray over the hole at the top so he couldn't get down it.:cry:

Back