• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zeb and his teeth

*Bex*

Mama Doe
He had them done on Tuesday but he won't entertain any hard food.
All he will eat is mushed pellets. I've tried him with all the greens, grass, dandilion, fruit, treats but nothing he just turns away.

He also really flinched when i put some food near his mouth and he's started doing a stomp when i open the shed door :(

Is this normal? Im not sure if there is something else wrong or maybe his mouth is hurting him :?

Otherwise he is hopping about normally...

Not sure if im just being mega paranoid :?

Has he had any pain relief since Tuesday...

Some buns are more sensitive to dentals and will require extra pain relief.
Every bunny responds differently too. One of mine will eat more or less straight away, and the other always takes 2-3 to start eating anything at all voluntarily.

No he hasn't had any since the op.
Last time he was fine with his eating after a day, if he is still the same tomorrow i'll take him back for painkiller. SHould they be given painkiller to take home after dentals?

Hi:wave:
He should really have had pain relief it may be that they gave him a long acting painkiller after his op. If your not sure ring your vet and ask.
Try grating his food for him i.e carrots, celery and scissor cut greens and hay really small. Mine always like parsley after a dental. Ripping food so it smells stronger to them sometimes helps enticing a reluctant eater. It may be that his confidence with eating has been knocked slighty and he needs to realise that eating isn't going to hurt. Good luck let us know how he gets on.:D

Personally I give mine metacam for a few days whether the vet thinks he needs it or not. I'm sure my jaw would feel very sore after being gagged open.

Back