• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jazz's front teeth : Worried

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Jazz has always had an extra peg tooth infront of his lower inscisors (?) up until now he hasnt had any problems... I just went out to feed him and had a look in his mouth and on one side theres a small amount of whitish pussy stuff only a tiny bit and one side of it is swollen and red :cry: i tried to flush it with water but it obviously hurt him :cry: he's still eating and acting normally, but im going to try and book him in at the vets if its the same tomorrow...what does this mean? Im so worried!

Sounds like he has an infection at the roots.

Definitely needs to see a vet as an abscess may be forming. Good luck for tomorrow!

:(

Have you had a feel under his jaw... you should be able to feel if he has any lumps or bumps.
Hopefully it's just the start of an infection and you can get it sorted, perhaps that extra peg is leaving his teeth susceptible for bacteria to enter.

No I can't feel anything, he's got other lumps that are just enlarged lymph nodes as they were tested last time, he's had the peg tooth removed before before it caused problems.... Obviously now it's come back but with problems :(

Is it red because the tooth is rubbing on part of his soft tissue, causing an ulcer, or red around the root of the peg tooth itself?

Red around the bottom and surrounding gum.. It's also inflamed, wouldn't say it looks like an ulcer. I just hope I can get an appointment for tomorrow!

As long as it's not causing any huge problems they will usually try other methods before going for a removal. If the gums are infected removing the tooth might not help anyway because the hole would still be infected. Hopefully they will just give you some antibiotics for it and see how it gos.

It's not great news, he's having another dental on Monday to take the extra tooth out and to sort his molars again. He has an infection but she says it might not of gone into the bone yet... He's had pain relief and baytril today. Got oral baytril to give him too. My poor baby :(

It's not great news, he's having another dental on Monday to take the extra tooth out and to sort his molars again. He has an infection but she says it might not of gone into the bone yet... He's had pain relief and baytril today. Got oral baytril to give him too. My poor baby :(

My bun Bernie had similar problem. THe way it works is that the bad tooth will be removed, and then the vet has to spray some substance (forgot the name) to clear the hole of any bacteria, then wait for it to heal. It's a simple job.

keep us posted

I didn't see this earlier either. Poor lad. Hopefully he'll feel alot better when he's recovered from his dental.

Back