• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone make a decision for me???????

Marreline

Warren Scout
...about teeth! Last time I took my two to the vets for a check up (Stew had stopped eating hay and his poo was mega sloppy; nothing was wrong with Dumpling but took her along anyway as they do everything together!!! Vet checked her for me too out of kindness despite her simply being along for the ride) the vet checked both bunnies for spurs. She couldn't see right to the back but what she could see of Dumpling's looked fine (didn't surprise me as she was still eating hay as normal). Stew was seen to have small spurs on one side but she didn't feel an operation should be the immediate course of action. Instead she advised me to change the type of hay and kepp my eye on his intake and poo quality!! And low and behold....he loved the new hay, the poos became big and golden and all was great. Four weeks on and Dumpling is sloppy on occasion, and Stew is certainly not spotless (which I posted about last night and got plenty of replies saying they should be spotless if all is well).

SOOOOOOOOOO.........do I just book dentals for them both?? Or does it not work that way???????

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Personally, if it were me, i would take them down to see the vet again :) Normally before booking a dental, the vet would want to see the bunny anyway. Hope they are both ok xXx

...about teeth! Last time I took my two to the vets for a check up (Stew had stopped eating hay and his poo was mega sloppy; nothing was wrong with Dumpling but took her along anyway as they do everything together!!! Vet checked her for me too out of kindness despite her simply being along for the ride) the vet checked both bunnies for spurs. She couldn't see right to the back but what she could see of Dumpling's looked fine (didn't surprise me as she was still eating hay as normal). Stew was seen to have small spurs on one side but she didn't feel an operation should be the immediate course of action. Instead she advised me to change the type of hay and kepp my eye on his intake and poo quality!! And low and behold....he loved the new hay, the poos became big and golden and all was great. Four weeks on and Dumpling is sloppy on occasion, and Stew is certainly not spotless (which I posted about last night and got plenty of replies saying they should be spotless if all is well).

SOOOOOOOOOO.........do I just book dentals for them both?? Or does it not work that way???????

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

I would book an appointment to get them both reassessed by the Vet. Rabbits teeth grow at an alarming rate and teeth that were 'OK' or 'just a bit long' a few weeks ago could be much more of a problem by now.
When you make the appointment ask if you can see the Vet and if a Dental is needed it can be done on the same day ie ask to book a consultation and a provisional Op' slot !!

Good luck :)

What dry food are you feeding? Sometimes that can cause issues even if they are eating a good amount of hay :)

Back