• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tipping over the b***** food bowl!

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
Just fed my four buns out in the sunshine. They all scout round it and start troughing away but when Penny Pocket has finished and had enough she starts lifting the bowl up and tipping it over! It's quite heavy so it takes her a few attempts. All this while the other buns are still trying to eat! She has just started to do this regularly - I'm baffled as to why :roll:

Anyone else's buns do it?

I only have the one bun and she is always doing this. I think she likes playing with it and likes the sound it makes on the floor boards. I used to think she was doing it in a strop after she had eaten all her food but then she started doing it while there was still food in the bowl :lol:

At least it's only the food bowl. Ours prefer turning over the litter trays!:roll:

:lol::lol: Mine don't tip over the litter tray but they dig at it so that it spills out on all the other bunnies. They look up in the air as if they think it is raining easibed! :roll:

:lol::lol: Mine don't tip over the litter tray but they dig at it
Oh they dig at it too, if they can't quite get it upside down!

Dill always used to try to steal the food bowl away from his brother by sticking a paw in it and pulling it towards him.:roll:

Could it be to get your attention?

Ive noticed delila thumping when i take along time to get the food out, :lol:

Could it be to get your attention?

Ive noticed delila thumping when i take along time to get the food out, :lol:

I don't think so as I started stroking her whilst she was in the process of chucking it about to distract her and she still continued to do it :roll:

Otis does it too, if I leave the empty bowl on top of their little hutch he reaches up and throws it around when he's finished eating :lol:

Pants picks up the food bowl while its full and chucks it at tinkerbell once i gave them a long carboard roll and she sat there hitting tink with the roll.:lol:

Back