• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An apology to my handsome Harli....

willowholly

Mama Doe
Dear Dill,
I am writing this to apologise for moaning about you the last few days and for seriously considering asking Jill to take you back.Its true my other buns haven't caused as much damage as you[and now B]but they were not free range, like you are,until they were big responsible adults.Ive never had a rescue bun before and thought your naughtyness was just because you had a bad start and not enough love,then I thought it was because I've got 2bunnies that was why you were both naughty-competing for attention[ive never had 2 bunnies before].Then I realised I knew what the problem was-you are a baby,pure and simple.You are just doing what babies do.Being free range is not for you until you are older and wiser.
I want you to know that mummy,daddy and Barley all love you very much and this is your home for ever.You are the most handsome harli, and I hope you love us as much as we love you.
love,your mummy.xxx
30032009414.jpg

Aww what a cute bunny :) I had terrible trouble with Teddy freerange when he got to about 6 months, he bit huge chunks out of my walls :( He was even worse in a cage though banging around until all hours, so I had to perserve with it... I still haven't gotten around to filling all the holes up yet!! Luckily after he was neutered he hasn't had any interest in destroying the place and we are happy again :) Hope things go the same for Dill and he's able to freerange safety once he's older :) I have to say he looks pretty content in his cage though :)

Bunnies can be stressful when inside, as its your house. Given time and patience, they may turn it around, if not maybe consider moving them outside? Then they can destroy whatever they like :D :lol:

His is lovely though!!! :love:

Aww I'm sure Dill knows you love him..
and yep teething troubles can really try us at times..lets hope he settles down from his vandal ways:D xx

I know how you feel. We had a lot of trouble with Coco in the first few months, my OH wanted him outside and we had so many rows (especially as it was mostly his stuff getting destroyed and him having to patch stuff up with his DIY skills). I was determined to keep him free range and we percivered.

But like TeddyPatches said once he was neutered he was fine, now the only thing he's obsessed with is food which I can cope with! :lol:

We have all this to come when Angel becomes free range! :roll:

Back