• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fruit

Dizzy

New Kit
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what fruit rabbits can eat and how much they can have each day.

Most fruit is very sugary so it should only really be fed in small quantities, but they can pretty much eat any fruit.

Remember toremove the pip/stones, as many are toxic and there is a risk of blockages.
t's best to only give about 5 - 10g of fruit, as a treat once or twice a week if you don't want your bunnies to get fat. (Although I couldn't bear not to give mine their daily sliver of pear/apple)

Only give a piece of fruit as a treat as it contains a lot of sugar as said above, but also some are acid which is not good, never give tangerines, oranges, lemons, citrus etc.. even if some rabbits like them, too much acidity..

Sometimes, you can give a little piece of apple, pear, apricot, strawberry, cherry w/o the seed, banana but be careful it'"s very rich and contains starch which is no good for rabbit : I only use it as a trick, idem with currant to give medecine pills etc...

Back