• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fallen asleep whilst chewing box ahhh

Biscuit Bunny

Alpha Buck
Took this piccy last night, little fella fell asleep whilst chewing his cardboard box.

IMG_1213.jpg

Another one of him wide awake

n716085393_3506008_9886.jpg

Bit of background, this is Spike, who last July was going to be put down, as my friend's boss and his kids had got bored of him and said he only had about a week to live :censored: They had thrown out his cage and put him in an old fish tank covered with chicken wire, with a inch high level of cotton wool and food chucked in it, no water, toys or suitable bedding :cry:

He is an old boy, but still very active, and I'm glad he gets to spend his retirement with us :D

Last edited:
Ahhhhh - cutie pie! He looks like my first hamster when I was a kid, who was named Joker for reasons that elude my adult brain.

aw what a cutie, people are so mean. :evil: but at least he's in a happy home now. :)

I know, they told my friend that a previous hammy had escaped and chewed some curtains and they were afraid the same would happen WTF. They are a VERY well off family and to take care of a little hammy is really no bother at all, I just can't believe that people actually put their animals down when they can't be bothered with them anymore.

We got very attached to him as soon as he arrived, he is super friendly and pops his little head out if he hears us or smells toast. I will never forget his little face when I put him in his new tank with all his toys and cosy bed he was so excited and ran around exploring everything.

Awwwwww he looks so peaceful!:love:

How can folks be so mean - not as if hammys are HUGE amounts of hard work is it???:censored:

Awwwwww he looks so peaceful!:love:

How can folks be so mean - not as if hammys are HUGE amounts of hard work is it???:censored:

I agree he is no bother at all to look after.

Problem with me and my hubby is that we get far too attached and hammy's only normally live up to 3, so when Spike was first mentioned we said no, but then found out they had actually rung the vets for a price :censored:

I was also given another hammy "Hamilton" last year as a work's leaving present, why on earth do people do this :censored: of course we love Hamilton very much too:love:

what the company bought you a hammy as a leaving present? :shock: at least you'd look after him but what if it had been someone else.

what the company bought you a hammy as a leaving present? :shock: at least you'd look after him but what if it had been someone else.

One of the woman I used to work with bought him for me, as we had recently lost a hammy (doesn't mean I wanted to replace him mind) think her heart was in the right place, but what if I didn't want the responsibility of looking after another animal? Some people are really clueless.

Last edited:
Back