• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting Rupert a girlfriend

LooseyPop

New Kit
I have a rabbit, Rupert, he is about two years old and I would like to get him a girlfriend.
I have done some research about this online but alot of people I have asked for advice have said that getting another rabbit would be a bad idea as they probably wouldn't get on. He seems very lonely and bored although he gets a lot of attention from me and my family.
Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

A friend for Rupert is the best idea and, as long as both he and his potential girlfiend have been neutered, there is no reason why they shouldn't get on. :):)

It's important that the two bunnies are introduced on neutral territory (search for bonding for more information ;)). If you get him a friend from a rabbit rescue, she will probably already be spayed (most rescues do this before rehoming) and many will also bond for you.

Thanks for your advice :)
Now I just need to find a rabbit rescue centre in my area.
If I were to 'bond' them myself, what would this entail ?

Search bonding on here and have a look. I've just gone through it and altho it wasn't a hard bond it was stressful. If you could get a rescue bun and a bonding service that would be an ideal situation. good luck!

Back