• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Random spot on back foot - sore hocks/abcess? Help please?!!

emsie_81

Young Bun
Hello, while i was carrying Holly upstairs last night (she wouldn't go to bed :roll:) i noticed she has a small red bare spot on the bottom of one of her back feet right at the back of it. It's only small but is red and no fur on it, when i gently touched it she didn't seem bothered and she's been hopping round as normal. Anyone any suggestions what it is and if i should be worried, and get the vet to check it out?

Is it the start of sore hocks? Probably my ignorance but i thought that was a rex problem? :oops: Holly is a harlequin. My other concern is that it might be the start of an abcess? She had a facial abcess for 3 months which we finally got rid of in march and i've been told that if they've had one they could get others anywhere on their body.

Has anyone any advice please ? Thank you! :wave:

Can you post a picture of it?
If she has a history of abscesses and you are concerned I'd get the Vet to check it out.
Rabbits do have a 'normal' pinkish area on the point of their hocks. But without being able to see it we cant say if your Buns hock looks normal or not !!
All breeds of Rabbits can get sore hocks. But Rexes are more prone due to their lack of guard hairs on their feet.

Back