• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breathing, URGENT.

stanners

Young Bun
Louis has a bunged up nose, as in you cant see the gaps :shock: Panicking as his breathing is going, urgent help needed.

Rabbits are obligate nose breathers, so if you bun can't breath through it's nose, you must seek urgent veterinary advice.

Your vets should have an out of hours emergency cover. It will either be one of their own vets or an agency like Vets Now. You should be able to get to someone or get to a message to give you intstructions.

Your vet should have an emergency number. if you phone the usual number they usually have an answerphone message with a number to phone. You need to phone them now. Good luck. Sending vibes for Louis xxx.

I have been soaking his nose for a while and the gaps have been appearing but just incase I decided to call the vets again and he said it should be fine and if not bring him in tomorrow.
Thanks guysx, mini heart attack there x

Louis is all good this morning thanks, I kept his inside just incase and woke up every hour so now I am shattered. He seems a bit perkier today and the nose is now un-blocked, my mum will be watching him all day so incase anything happens she will take him into the vets.
Thanks for everything everyone. x

Back