• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does the number on a BRC ring mean?

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
One of the rabbits we rescued had a ring round her back left leg. It says:

'B.R.C. 08 03933'

From this, I am assuming she was originally from a breeder. I have searched a bit on the BRC website but can't find much (plus I hate looking at it :()

Luckily, we managed to get it off by slipping it off her foot. It makes me feel so sick to think she was just a number to someone :(

Is the number just her registration number?

08 is the year she was born and the other number is the breeders number. Geordie bun is wearing one:roll::roll:

Mily and Molly had ones, they came from dwarf lop breeders (registered, I guess). We got the vets to cut them off.

The breeder can be traced..and I think the BRC were interested a while back in how many rung bunnies ended up in rescue:?

*****off topic***** Sorry Hugo's There, but whenever I see your posts I always take time to look at your late bun Hugo. He was a handsome fella.

Thank you what a lovely thing to say :D He certainly was a special bunny.

I have found some photos of him but haven't worked out how to use my scanner yet so can't post them :oops:

what type of bun was it or what was the letter on the ring and i can tell you where he/she has come from tomorrow when their open. it would be interesting to see just how far shes traveled and i could give you the breeders number so you can tell her if you want where his/her buns are ending up.:)

I've got a bunny in at the moment and he was castrated last Thursday and I had his ring taken off, it says BRC 07 X and then a number, so how do I find out where he came from?

One of the bunnies i took in had a BRC ring on.

How do they get them on the buns? As its just solid? :?

I've got a bunny in at the moment and he was castrated last Thursday and I had his ring taken off, it says BRC 07 X and then a number, so how do I find out where he came from?

i need to know the number also so that i can trace it.
i know that its a nethie youve got and its b - day is in 2007:)

One of the bunnies i took in had a BRC ring on.

How do they get them on the buns? As its just solid? :?

you have to put them on when thier young enough so that you dont hurt them, but old enough that they dont slip thier rings.
hare rings can be taken off at all ages as they have dainty ankles:)

you have to put them on when thier young enough so that you dont hurt them, but old enough that they dont slip thier rings.
hare rings can be taken off at all ages as they have dainty ankles:)

But when the bun grows???
Im not been rude towards you :) Just dont understand them. The bun we had the ring seemed really tight and you couldnt see it because of all the fur..

But when the bun grows???
Im not been rude towards you :) Just dont understand them. The bun we had the ring seemed really tight and you couldnt see it because of all the fur..

rings are made for certain breeds size depending, which should be checked once a week regardless. but if for some reason the bun out grows it it is to be removed without hesitation. the rings are made a certain size for a breeds bones are usauly the same size thoughout

rings are made for certain breeds size depending, which should be checked once a week regardless. but if for some reason the bun out grows it it is to be removed without hesitation. the rings are made a certain size for a breeds bones are usauly the same size thoughout

Oh ok, thanks for that :)

Back