• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free range Bunnie 24/7

CRBevis

Mama Doe
Bunnie went free range at night time a couple of weeks ago and was fine, she usually lays near her crate in front room, outside the bedroom door (which stays open) or sat in a litter tray filled with hay in the corner of my bedroom munching away or under my bed.

She has been very good only wakes me sometime in the middle of the night due to the sound of her running from the hallway to the front room and back again with binkies in between!

During the day whilst at work I was attaching a pen to her crate, but for 2 days now I have not attached the pen and let her have run of the front room of course and the hallway but shut all other doors. She is a really good girl and doesn't appear to get up to any mischieve. I do worry though she may jump on sofa and then jump or fall off and hurt herself at which she left in pain till i get home, but she is not one for jumping on the sofa and I do put the cushions laid down on sofa and stuf there so she can't really jump up:)

Do you think it's a good idea to let her roam free whilst at work.?? during the day she just lays down snoozing, then eats a bit, drinks then back to snoozing and wakes up when I come home!:D

So long as its safe and bunny proof i cant see a problem!
One of our buns free ranges in our bedroom 24/7 with access to there hideaway when wanted :D

My boy is out and about in the living room when im at work, he is fine...he doesnt get up to that much through the day anyways, sleeps, pees, poos, eats....and so on.
I just switch all my stuff off at the socket incase he chews any wires, but he hasnt so far, (well not since eating the phone cable, which i have in trunking now!) touch wood.

Yeah there are no cables she can access. I got paranoid about post coming through the door and what if she chews it and gets poorly or someone peeks through letter box and sees her and then starts putting food stuff or something nasty through:roll: but I put some toilet cardboard rolls stood up infront of the door , and Bunnie cannot resist knocking anything over with her nose if its stood up. So both days now I have come home and all loo rolls stood up! She definetly not been near door because there is no way she can pass them without knocking over:)

As long as everything is safe it is fine. Honey is freerange 24/7 in my room without a crate. I would have had two freerange if they had bonded.

Angel is pretty much free range all the time (apart from my room) she aims for the GHD wire :shock:

She likes to go and lie under the spare bed :)

Back