• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG! Dylan Might Be A Girl!!

sonnet

Alpha Buck
I'm in shock! I took Dylan to the vets tonight for his first Myxi jab & before having it done my vet did a full health check. What did he discover?.....
That my little boy may in fact be a little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

He said he'd double check to be 100% sure in 2 weeks time when he goes back for his VHD jab but he's pretty sure Dylan's a girl! :shock:
I'm a bit upset as I spent ages looking for the 'right boy bun' and discounted a couple that I liked because they were girls :cry:
If it's confirmed in 2 weeks I'll have to change his name, which is ok as he doesn't really know his name yet anyway.

I'm just in shock & a bit miffed as I asked the assistant that sold me Dylan twice to check he was a boy as I'd previously been sold a bun as a boy that turned out to be a girl - looks like it's happened again!
Funnily enough my mum kept saying he was too pretty to be a boy!!!

Boy or girl????? Who knows?!!! :oops:
Photo-0026_e1_e1-1.jpg

LOL same here. Oscar could in face be Lily! As with your case, the vet will have to check again in a couple of weeks, but said that if he had to get off the fence he would get off on the side of Oscar being Lily. I'm not hugely bothered to be honest, although I can understand your annoyance.

BTW, Dylan looks like a girly.

That happened to me when we got Sox - we spent ages finding a 'lady friend' for Freddie. When i took sox for his first vet app the vet was checking him over and said "little boy?" i said "no little girl" the vet said "no, little boy". I couldn't believe it but there was more to come. I got Sox home that night and put him back in with Fred (they had got on fine and bonded well previously so thought nothing of it) within half an hour they had had a scrap and Fred had bitten Sox's "bits". I separated them and the following am had to take Sox back to the vets as everything was bruised and looking very sore:roll: imagine explaining that to the vet:oops::oops::oops:. The vet laughed and said it almost seemed that someone had confirmed Sox's sexuality so he'd came over the big I am got home and thought "I'll show you Fred" and come off worse. Luckily his"bits were ok just v bruised. With time and patience (and a neuter) they both did live together in harmony eventually. Unfortunately they are living together at the bridge now.:(

Charlie used to be Lilly
Rocco used to be Violet-May
I also got given a "female rat", which was male. Took it back, got another that was "100% DEFINATLY female"... wasn't and my rat ended up with 10 babies :roll:
I don't trust anyone now :D

Hmmm, i just wont comment as we just been through the same. Thankgod we realised before booking the neuter :shock: :oops: :oops:

He does look girly :lol: :love: :love:

I know a couple of girl Dylans anyway so I vote keep 'his' name (coming from the person who purposely named her male bunny Mary... :lol:)

thats why pet shops are usually bad! they are so rubbish at sexing animas plus the younger tehy are teh harder it is to tell. another good reason i always use rescues. what was your reason for wanting a boy specifically? was it to pair with a girl? two girls cna live happily but need to both be spayed. a least with a girl you are less likely to get spraying!!!! x

what was your reason for wanting a boy specifically? Was it to pair with a girl? A least with a girl you are less likely to get sprayed!!!!x

Very true!
The reason I wanted a boy really was because in past experience I've found that boys tend to bond with me better than girls. The one girl I had turned into a stroppy bun when her hormones kicked in (although post-spay she settled down) & obviously neutering a girl is alot more invasive than neutering a boy so going under a GA is a bit of a concern for me with a youngster.
Still not sure what Dylan is - however I'm sure yesterday I spotted plums so who knows, he may just be a pretty boy after all!! :lol:

Back