• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy needs as many vibes as possible please :-( *She's gone*

tigerbabe

Mama Doe
Can I ask for some vibes for my Poppy please... she's very poorly at the moment :(

We took her to the vets on Friday because her poo was tiny (smaller than a rice krispie!) and her breathing looked a bit heavy. He said she was on the verge of pneumonia and prescribed metacam, baytril and bisolvon. We went back Saturday morning and he said her lungs sounded a bit clearer and he thought she was more alert.
Since then she's only been eating veg... I've been popping out on a regular basis throughout the day to make sure she was getting little and often... no interest in pellets or hay (Poppy is the best hay eater I've ever met).

When I went out today she was sitting squashed between the litter tray and the shed wall. So we went back to the vets and he said she sounds very congested again. She normally weighs about 1.6kg, on Friday she was down to 1.5kg... today she was 1.3kg :(

The vet admitted her straight away today, so he could put her in an oxygen tent. She's going to be sedated tomorrow so he can take chest x-rays in the hope of finding out what's going on. He's very worried about sedating her because of her condition but it has to be done... he said things aren't looking good for her :cry:

Please keep everything crossed that my little girl will pull through this

Last edited:
Can I ask for some vibes for my Poppy please... she's very poorly at the moment :(

We took her to the vets on Friday because her poo was tiny (smaller than a rice krispie!) and her breathing looked a bit heavy. He said she was on the verge of pneumonia and prescribed metacam, baytril and bisolvon. We went back Saturday morning and he said her lungs sounded a bit clearer and he thought she was more alert.
Since then she's only been eating veg... I've been popping out on a regular basis throughout the day to make sure she was getting little and often... no interest in pellets or hay (Poppy is the best hay eater I've ever met).

When I went out today she was sitting squashed between the litter tray and the shed wall. So we went back to the vets and he said she sounds very congested again. She normally weighs about 1.6kg, on Friday she was down to 1.5kg... today she was 1.3kg :(

The vet admitted her straight away today, so he could put her in an oxygen tent. She's going to be sedated tomorrow so he can take chest x-rays in the hope of finding out what's going on. He's very worried about sedating her because of her condition but it has to be done... he said things aren't looking good for her :cry:

Please keep everything crossed that my little girl will pull through this

Oh no :cry:
Is she spayed?
Can the Vet not do a concious Xray. I know that only a dorsal view can be done without sedating the Bun but that might give some clues.

Tons of vibes for Poppy xx

Sending tons of vibes your way for Poppy.

So sorry you haven't been having the best bunny time recently Kerry.

Oh no :cry:
Is she spayed?
Can the Vet not do a concious Xray. I know that only a dorsal view can be done without sedating the Bun but that might give some clues.

Tons of vibes for Poppy xx

Yeah she's spayed. I don't know if a concious x-ray would be an option for her... I'll be phoning them first thing to see how she's been overnight so I'll ask then. My vet looks after all the Bobtails bunnies (Delia works there too) so I'm happy to go with what he says, I know she's in good hands.

Thank you for the vibes everyone... please keep them coming

I hope Poppy is feeling better.
It is sometimes possible to take an xray with the patient restrained in a plastic box, if sedation is to be avoided, although it can be more difficult to get the view you want this way

She's gone :cry:

She didn't come round from the sedation. The vet said that he wouldn't have been surprised when I took her in but she'd picked up massively overnight, tucked into pellets and dried plantain as well as veg and sounded better. He didn't think giving her a light sedative would be a problem. He's going to do a post mortem so hopefully we'll at least know why a bit later.

Thank you for all the vibes.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

She's gone :cry:

She didn't come round from the sedation. The vet said that he wouldn't have been surprised when I took her in but she'd picked up massively overnight, tucked into pellets and dried plantain as well as veg and sounded better. He didn't think giving her a light sedative would be a problem. He's going to do a post mortem so hopefully we'll at least know why a bit later.

Thank you for all the vibes.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am so sorry :cry: :cry:

Oh no I am so sorry you've lost Poppy - thinking of you & sending you hugs.

Binky free Poppy at the bridge, sleep tight sweetheart xxx

Back