• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our new bunny Stu!!

lovely bunny (I can see him on your avatar) ...you are almost there on the posting....if you choose the last of the three options (img) the photo will actually appear on screen.

Thanx! he is a darling!
Can you explain that to me again, i've never used photobucket before lol, my mac usually does it all for me!

when you view the photo in photo bucket it gives you a choice of three different links, the first is for websites, the second for e-mails I think & the third one down is the one you want.

IMG00312.jpg

Gorgeous bunny!!!!

Well we were told he was that age, but the vet said he is very small also, he has grown since then but still very small bless him! x

Goodness he was taken from his Mum at a very young age :shock:
He is really cute but he only looks about 4 weeks old in that piccie.

I have to say I agree with the others - there's no way that bunny is 8 weeks old yet and you've already had him for 2 weeks; he still needs to be with his mum, bless him :(

Edit: Jane yes I was thinking he looks about 4 weeks as well.

yeh i agree with previous posts, he appears no more than 4 weeks old in pic, he's lovely though! where did u get him? what has vet advised to do, with his diet, being so young

From a pet shop near us, i went back today and got the other bunny that was there with Stu at the time, he is a lot bigger and only 2 weeks older. They have met this afternoon and are getting on well, grooming each other and Stu has started binkying for the first time!!
http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/claireb1/th_CIMG2290.jpg

This is them both today! x

The vet weighed him etc, and said to give excel pellets and hay, he is doing well if he is so young, loves cuddles, very lively etc. He is eating well and drinking. The vet gave him his first injection as he weighed enough, but am a bit concerned now if he is that young! he said it was a girl, but when i looked closer this week he has two very tiny plums....well at least thats what i think they are!!

Last edited:
From a pet shop near us, i went back today and got the other bunny that was there with Stu at the time, he is a lot bigger and only 2 weeks older. They have met this afternoon and are getting on well, grooming each other and Stu has started binkying for the first time!!

The vet weighed him etc, and said to give excel pellets and hay, he is doing well if he is so young, loves cuddles, very lively etc. He is eating well and drinking. The vet gave him his first injection as he weighed enough, but am a bit concerned now if he is that young! he said it was a girl, but when i looked closer this week he has two very tiny plums....well at least thats what i think they are!!

The Bunnies should never have been in a Petshop at such a young age :cry:
I'd be very cautious about putting them together. The new Bunny should be quarantined for about a week to make sure there are no nasty tummy problems brewing. Young Rabbits, especially those weaned way to early as yours obviously were, are at high risk of GI upsets. The stress of moving to a new home can be enough to cause a gastroenteritis and I would strongly advise you to keep both Buns seperate for a few days until you are certain the new Bun's tummy is OK.

From that pic if the other bunny is 2 weeks older he is TINY. I honestly think by the looks of him he is only about 6 weeks (so 4 weeks when you got him:shock:) They are not ment to leave mum until 8 weeks!!

The vaccs dont usually go by weight normally how old they are my vet gives at 12 weeks but different vets vary!

Id be very careful with his diet as you dont know for sure how old he is :)

he said it was a girl, but when i looked closer this week he has two very tiny plums....well at least thats what i think they are!!

his plums wouldn't have dropped yet - best look at the genitalia to see if it's a boy or girl... have a look for sexing guides with photos - they should help :)

In all honesty if I were you, I would report that pet shop to the council - who licence them.

Even if that bun is 8 weeks old (which I am convinced that it is not!) that would mean that they sold it at 6 weeks old, so with an appropriate resting period, it was taken from its mum at less than 6 weeks old. While they do start to eat on their own at about 4 weeks, a baby rabbit should stay with its mum until it is at least 8 weeks old, preferably up to 10. They are very vulnerable at that age and can get very sick very quickly with all the new changes and stresses etc.

So the pet shop must be wrong on at least one of the following, probably more:
- not giving animals an appropriate resting period before selling
- selling animals too young
- selling animals that are unwell (if that rabbit is the age they say it is, then it is not a healthy rabbit and it is illegal for them to sell an unhealthy rabbit).

Please keep checking them both very regularly (and take them to the vet to keep checking if you're not certain). It is really important that they are sexed correctly as early as possible, and neutered as soon as appropriate. If you do have 2 boys, they need to be neutered as soon as their 'bits' drop, otherwise they could have a very serious fight - and of course there is the obvious pregnancy risk if one turns out to be a girl.

I do hope both your bunnies are ok :)

Back