• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you.....U/D She ate a whole one :(......what about grass?

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
.....wash the dandilion flowers before giving them to the buns?
I wash the leave but havent given them the flower before so not sure....im guessing you do though?

:wave:

Last edited:
I don't wash them :oops: but they're picked out of my garden & they would normally eat them straight from the ground anyhow.

I've never given my buns dandelions but there are a few in my back garden just now (O/H is working in Manchester and then Basingstoke so hasn't been here to cut the grass :shock:). Would a whole one be too much if they haven't had them before?

I found a dandelion in the back garden! :shock:
But my dad mowed the grass today and i didnt get to pick it as i was at college :cry:
But we have one in the front garden i will pick... but it hasnt got a flower on it?
:roll:

Ok i picked some and washed them but as i was going to cut Fudges in half she grabbed the whole thing, ran away and ate it :roll:

Will she be ok because she hasnt had one before and im worried she will get an upset tummy :(
Ive added a pre-biotic (or Pro-biotic) to her food so it hopefully helps, damn how could i be so stupid? I should have cut it before going near her :?

If she's used to dandelions anyway I think a whole flower will be okay. I've given all mine two flowers each yesterday with the leaves and they were fine. (I tend forget to pick the flowers as I forget they are edible as well!)

Her tummy is a little gassy so i gave infacol and about to give tummy rubs! hope she will be fine, i feel so stupid :cry:

That's largely all mine eats! :lol: Our garden is COVERED in dandelions and he LOVES them! It's so funny to watch him eating the dandelion as he twirls it around and around in his mouth as he eats it - reminds me of Ermintrude on Magic Roundabout! :lol:

I would have given one whole flower too; I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem but maybe Fudge has a very sensitive tummy.

She seems fine this morning no gas anymore but im going to keep my eye on her!
She had a sensetive tummy when she was a baby thats why i was going to cut it in half but the little monkey got to it first :roll:

Ok so what about grass? Ive never cut grass before as the buns go out in the runs but Fudge doesnt like outside so cant get to the grass!
I have a large patch of long grass outside my house and i have washed it and badded it dry.....will that be ok?

She is getting 2 strands of grass because of last night.....little madam :roll:
She is getting a roll of Turf tomorrow but will this grass be ok washed?

Bless little fudge :lol:

Im sure she would love to try some grass :) Just give her a small amount to start off with. I dont normally wash the grass i pick for our indoor bunnies :oops::oops: Hope that doesnt make me a bad mummy :oops:

xXx

Back