• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice teeth related - Not my buns

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
If a bun looses its front teeth without seeing a Vet, would the tooth come straight out or....?

Also as it has no front bottom teeth am i right in guessing it needs its veg grated? But what about its pellets?

How many Incisors does this Bun have left?
How did he/she loose them

If they were broken in an impact accident they are likely to grow back and quite often they grow back wonky.

Why has Bun not received Vet treatment :?

Blackie My bridge bun broke his teeth on the bars of his cage and they grew back within 3-4 weeks and he had to have them clipped every 3-4weeks!
He eventually had them removed and his veg was cut small :wave:

Hope the buns ok?

I have no idea on this earth why the bun has not recieved treatment, unfortunately all i can do is advise.

I have no idea what this bun has left teeth wise, as i cannot get near it and check. All i know is its front bottom teeth used to grow and they needed clipping every 5-6weeks.

I dont know how the bun lost its teeth, i only know by overhearing it been shouted literally "its tooth has fallen out"

Blackie My bridge bun broke his teeth on the bars of his cage and they grew back within 3-4 weeks and he had to have them clipped every 3-4weeks!
He eventually had them removed and his veg was cut small :wave:

Hope the buns ok?

What about his pellets??

What about his pellets??

He ate them fine i tried him with different sized pieces of carrot to see what he could manage and he done quite well with pellet size (actually he managed a lot bigger then pellet size and he enjoyed the experiment as he got lots of carrot :roll:) he struggled with hay and that had to be cut shorter as long bits were difficult for him to eat.

Then again all buns are different so i would try a few different sized piece of carrot and see what the bunny can eat, if he cant eat big pieces i would add a litte water to the pellets an that may help
:wave:

I have got a bun going in tomorrow to have the front inscisors out as his owner was going to pts him because she couldn't afford her vets fee's:roll:.

I have had rabbits before that have had no inscisors and they eat brilliantly, it is just about trial & error really seeing what they can manage and what they can't. If the inscisors hav been broken of then as Jane said they will def grow back and quite possibly wonky.

Our Angel doesnt have proper teeth at front (mouth disease) could swear she had teeth when first got her and then they kinda vanished although her gums are like her teeth shape.
She manages fine with pellets she cant bite big bits of cabbage etc so have to chop them down and grate/peel carrot for her. Although she has just managed to stick a whole dandelion in her mouth.
You'll find if the food is to big and they can't manage it goes in/out in/out of the mouth as they try and soften it. This is noramlly when I will take it and chop smaller.

Back