• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does this look any good?

That looks really good. Been looking for a course to do just for fun as I miss studying. Be good to know what it's like while you are doing it as I'm very tempted but it wouldn't help my career.

I think I'd want to know who wrote the syllabus and if it's up to date. I think that if it's accredited by an official veterinary body or similar it would be worth looking into. (If it's about behavior then it would be good to know which behaviourist has given their input as a lot of it is available in books already).

I did a college study course some years ago (not rabbits) and to say that I was disappointed with the standard of the course would be an understatement. I knew more about some of the topics than the lecturer and the classes were composed of someone just reading out notes, which I could have got from a book or the internet.

I will be interested to hear what you think about them Erin as even the RCVS only does a day or two on rabbits for vets in the whole of their 5 odd years study, so to find a good course for anyone to study would be good to know.

I think I'd want to know who wrote the syllabus and if it's up to date. I think that if it's accredited by an official veterinary body or similar it would be worth looking into. (If it's about behavior then it would be good to know which behaviourist has given their input as a lot of it is available in books already).

I did a college study course some years ago (not rabbits) and to say that I was disappointed with the standard of the course would be an understatement. I knew more about some of the topics than the lecturer and the classes were composed of someone just reading out notes, which I could have got from a book or the internet.

I will be interested to hear what you think about them Erin as even the RCVS only does a day or two on rabbits for vets in the whole of their 5 odd years study, so to find a good course for anyone to study would be good to know.

I am a bit dubious to be honest. The last thing I want to do is get work to pay out for something to then find out that it is basic stuff. I just really want to learn more in-depth stuff. The vets I work with really aren't clued up so I don't learn anything from them. Everything I have learnt and are still learning is from people on here and Gill the vet.

There just doesn't seem to be many courses available, which is really sad and VERY worrying! :(

I can understand your frustration Erin. I don't actually think that it's likely to teach you anything that you don't already know TBH and for the money, your bosses would be better off buying some great text books and allowing you to time to take them home and read them. Textbook of rabbit medicine being one I'd recommend.

I could be wrong so it might be worth a phone call and ask some really searching questions about what it's going to cover. Better still wait and see if anybody on here has done it and feels that it was good enough to recommend.

Maybe you could suggest them paying for you to go to the RWA conference next year too. That would count for CPD.

I can understand your frustration Erin. I don't actually think that it's likely to teach you anything that you don't already know TBH and for the money, your bosses would be better off buying some great text books and allowing you to time to take them home and read them. Textbook of rabbit medicine being one I'd recommend.

I could be wrong so it might be worth a phone call and ask some really searching questions about what it's going to cover. Better still wait and see if anybody on here has done it and feels that it was good enough to recommend.

Maybe you could suggest them paying for you to go to the RWA conference next year too. That would count for CPD.

Definatley going to try and get them to buy the book you recommend. Thank you :)

Back