• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pasturella & Humans

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
Can Humans catch anything off a rabbit that has full blown pasturella that has bitten them very bad.

I don't know, but when I got my serious-Calel-bite I had to have 6 weeks of antibiotics cos someone had recently died of EC (some farmer eating a wild bun when his immune system was compromised with something else)

Hope it doesn't hurt too much

it flippin kills:(. My thumb as swelled and I am pretty sure it is infected as their is a feint line travelling to my wrist. Glad I have had a tetanus

all buns carry the pastrella virus, also i ve notice that a bun bite onto another bun usally nearly always turns into an abscess. i know what you mean about it thobbing but its just your thumb consider yourself very lucky.:)

all buns carry the pastrella virus, also i ve notice that a bun bite onto another bun usally nearly always turns into an abscess. i know what you mean about it thobbing but its just your thumb consider yourself very lucky.:)

trust me I know:D

i ll show you mine if you show me yours :)
snipersdamage002.jpg

snipersdamage007.jpg

Kay if it's tracking get to the Hospital NOW it's blood poisoning and your in trouble if it gets to your heart.

Please go and get it looked at.

Good grief kay! Go get yourself sorted out! Theres a lot of bunnies relying on you!!

Hope you feel better soon. Wear the gloves next time maybe?? ;)

I am at my Dr's friday morning so I will get him to have a look but if it goes worse then I will go to the A&E dept.

I wouldn't mind but it wasn't even one of my rabbits it was one of Beths off here:lol::lol::lol: just wait till she gets back:lol::lol::lol:

I was at Angie's last night & she was telling me how Billy - their biting bun has improved as I walked into his section in high heels & a skirt.

He bit my shoe & I couldn't get out of there fast enough:oops::lol:

That looks awful. I agree you need to go to A & E. My brother had this after a splinter and he got a right telling off at the hospital for not going in earlier.

Kay you really need to get yourself checked out, I got bit by one of the sanctuary buns - Finbar bit through my top lip as I tried to kiss him :shock: He b****y hurt I can tell you & I looked like I'd been in a boxing match! I ended up on antibiotics just to be safe, after they'd glued my lip back together :oops: The hospital thought I was kidding them - bet I gave them such a good laugh :oops::roll:

Hope you're ok & it stops hurting soon.

Please don't wait until Friday: you MUST take it seriously and get it looked at TODAY: from what you've described you could be developing blood poisoning :shock:

I'm sure Friday is too late.

Call your Dr's number now and see if they have an out of hours service (our town has one next door to A&E at the hospital) that way you get an appointment time tonight rather than a long wait in A & E. Had to do this a couple of weeks ago when my eldest son had symptoms of Meningitis - luckily it was just a virus.

Back