• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

loads of questions

shannon321

Alpha Buck
i've been using another rabbit forum that doesn't seem to have many users and my questions seem to be ignored!! i'd be really grateful if someone could take the time to try and answer my questions?

I'm curious as to what breed my bun is what her colour is called and if theres anyway to tell a rabbits age? mine was a rescue so i don't have the faintest clue, heres a photo of her that may help!

007-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

oooo and is it normal for half her ears to have really fine downy hair on and the other half not? you can see it in the second photo its not bald or sore just not got the same type of fur!

She is beautiful! She looks like a dwarf lop like my hector to me.

His ears are also a bit like that (furrier on one side) as well.

Awww :love: :love: what a gorgeous bun :love:

I have no idea about colour or breed except she is a lop...but how lovely is she :love: Quite an unusual looking bun.

She is beautiful.

She looks like either a mini-lop or a dwarf lop. Their appearance is the same but their weight differs, a mini-lop is slightly smaller. From recollection if the bunny is 2.5 Kg or hearvier they are called a dwarf lop.

The ears on my 2 have fur like yours.

I've no idea how to tell a bunnies age :cry:

Oh my bunny! She is bewdiful!!! :love: I might have to come and bunny nap her, :lol:

How long have you had her? Did the rescue have any idea as to how old she may be?

It can be very hard to tell a bunny's age.

And I've found a link to a helpful website on colours and breeds:

http://www.rossrabbits.co.uk/

It gives the weight for dwarf lops as 2 Kgs and heavier and describes the pattern of marking a Harlequin.

If you haven't been on this forum long you may not know how strongly many forum members feel about buying rabbits from breeders rather than rescues. Congratulations for getting your girl from a rescue :D
I've put the above link from a breeder not because I approve of people breeding rabbits but simply because it is a helpful guide for recognising the colours, patterns and types.

Colouring-wise it looks like she may have a little bit of Harlequin breed in her :wave: and my is she beautiful :love:

A good rabbit vet will be able to give you a good guess at her age though it can only ever be approximate. If you got her from a rescue centre (and they got her from someone handing her over) then they might have her age on their records :) if the rescue centre found her as a stray or had her dumped on their doorstep with no information then they likely wouldn't know for sure either, as it's very difficult to accurately guess the age of an adult rabbit :?

i'm fairly new to keeping buns, had her for about 6 months....she was an unofficial rescue friend and a friend was gonna set her free :shock: so my friend rang me knowing i'd take anything in it.
she had been living in london on a balcony.....thats about all i know oh and it had destroyed her house so her brother brought it down here to cornwall to set it free at my friends lake......
its funny....only thing it likes to chew in our house is carpet and curtains but she's never left un-supervised so damage is kept to a minimum, i'm also aware of her needing company but am unsure at the moment as i've been given different opinions from different people about how well rabbits cope on there own....also she is to be spayed in the next few months
The first month i had her she was out in the garden in a p@h 'fox proof run' when my dad heard a commotion and went out side and a small terrier dog had destroyed the run bent and cut all the wire open some how and had dragged her out luckily my dad rescued her from him where she was promptly wisked to the vets, the vet checked her over and gave her pain killers and said there was nothing broken not even broken skin but she was in shock so she came indoors to be looked after, unfortuanatly the vet was wrong i believe as she had a very dodgy shoulder for months afterwards and even now its horrible to touch but she's all healed and hopping and binkying like a mad women!!

:love::love: what a cute little bun she is. sounds like she has had a horrible life :( glad she is getting well looked after with you tho

Hi, sorry I have no idea on colours/breeds/age but just wanted to say hello and say what a lovely bunny you have :D

Back