• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Hutch's...

stuart567

Young Bun
Im getting my first ever rabbit next week.Im getting it from a breeder and i will choose which type and what gender when i get there.

However i have looked around and the price of Hutch's are worrying.I would love a big 6 foot long hutch so my rabbit is comfortable but they are well over £70.

Even the small 4 foot one's are over £40 i have to pay £25 for the rabbit itself and i have checked FreeCycle but no luck so far :(

Have Hutch's always been so expensive? Need to try and find a really good one for a really good price.As i stay in Scotland most ebay hutch's that are well-priced need to be picked up and are in England.

If you know a site with reasonable Pricing and P&P Let Me Know :D

Any Help,Is Greatly Appreciated.

Last edited:
I really think you need to do abit more research into rabbits if buying a hutch seems expensive.

Have you thought about neutering, vaccinations, food, hay, vet bills?

Hi,

As anyone on here will tell you rabbits are a pretty expensive animal to keep anyway. It doesnt just stop with buying a large suitable hutch, there's also buying and supplying good quality hay and food and also vaccinations and vet bills to consider.

If your not able to afford to buy a large hutch at this point in time, then I would suggest you wait a while and save up some more. Your rabbit will need large accommodation with a permanent run or acccess to a run on a regular basis. Please dont fall into the trap of getting less than adequate accommodation for your rabbit because of the costs involved. Please wait and save up.

Also have you considered offering a home to a rabbit in a rescue. There are many lovely buns out there wanting a home:D

I really think you need to do abit more research into rabbits if buying a hutch seems expensive.

Have you thought about neutering, vaccinations, food, hay, vet bills?

I have most of them already lined up,It's just for all it is some wood put together its quite expensive.Would Build my own but it would probably fall to bits knowing me..:oops:

I don't think £70 for a 6 foot hutch is that expencive, I brought a hutch (for my bunnies to play in not live in) second hand for £50, and thought that it was a fair price. You have to think, this is going to be your pets home, for the whole of tis life, so spending a little more to make it a happier life isn't really a bad thing.

BTW rabbits are happier in pairs.

I may purchase another rabbit in a couple of months once my first one settles in and gets used to its new surroundings.:D Thanks for the advice though

I may purchase another rabbit in a couple of months once my first one settles in and gets used to its new surroundings.:D Thanks for the advice though

Thats not a bad idea, and if you get your second bunny from a rescue center then they will prob do the bonding for you, and it will already be neutered too :D

£70 for a 6ftx2ft in my opinion is pretty good :?
You just need to get a nice large run to go with it now :) Personally my minimum size would be 8ftx10ft.
If you think that those hutch sizes are expensive just think of the vaccination/neutring and spaying bills/emergencry vet bills.
Rabbits really aren't the cheap pets everyone thinks they are.
Also your bun would benefit from company, animals are social animals really and as you have suggested getting a hutch I assume he/she will be outside so you cannot really stand in for this company figure how ever much you'd like to think it. They are hugely sociable animals, plus it's so heart warming to see two loved up bunnies.

Does Anyone know a site that sells resonably priced Rabbit Hutch's and will deliver.If so please link :D Thanks

Does Anyone know a site that sells resonably priced Rabbit Hutch's and will deliver.If so please link :D Thanks

If you use the sites search engin you'll find loads, I would post some but I'm watching big bang theroy on telly, and can't be bothered. But at least I'm honest.

Try happy hutch company.

If you use the sites search engin you'll find loads, I would post some but I'm watching big bang theroy on telly, and can't be bothered. But at least I'm honest.

Try happy hutch company.
Although expensive I would suggest Dawson's as they are fantastic quality and you could get a lovely 3 tier 6ftx2ft hutch, I'm sure your buns would love it.

Have you thought about a shed or playhouse?
These can sometimes be a little cheaper and obviously provide bunny with lots more room!! :D :D

I paid near enough £500 just to setup everything for my rabbits, hutch, run etc. Then there was the spaying, which for two girls was nearly £200. Vet bills for vaccinations, about £130 per year for two. It really adds up and I'd hate to think how much they have cost in their 2 years with me. :lol:

I paid near enough £500 just to setup everything for my rabbits, hutch, run etc. Then there was the spaying, which for two girls was nearly £200. Vet bills for vaccinations, about £130 per year for two. It really adds up and I'd hate to think how much they have cost in their 2 years with me. :lol:

£130 for two sets of vacs for two buns wow your vet must be a happy guy when he saw you coming.
for both vd and myxi our vet charges £12 for each.
but id definetly agree with the vet bills rabbits arent the cheapest pet to keep .infact saying that no animal is, i have rats and they cost a fortune too but i wouldnt not pay it cause i chose to have them not the other way round and its my job to care for them:love:

Hutches are expensive, get the biggest and bestest one you can though as it will be their home forever

We only have one bun and he is perfectly fine and happy :D

Back