• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does £67 seem a lot for a spay?

mrshorsy

Warren Scout
Hi
We've decided that for future health reasons and cos we want to bond we're gonna get Gwen "done" so to speak booked an appointment at Vets 4 pets where shes had her vacs and was a bit shocked to learn its going to be £67 :shock: is this the norm?
I was expecting about £40 - £50 at the most

Nope i paid £77 for Lottie, and that was over a year ago :? So id expect it to be a tad more round here now :)

Tod's castrate was £55.00 so I would expect to pay more for a spay as it's more complicated I believe.

I should imagine my vets charge about that for a spay :?

Hi, is this Gamston? They used to charge £51 but have put their prices up just recently.
At the vets we use in Leicester for work we pay £71 for a spay, so yours at £67 is still cheaper.

Thats not too bad as like people have already said a spay can be much more expensive than this but at my vets its only £50

I pay £45 at a very good rabbit savvy vets for a spay, but a bigger and posher (but ****) practice just up the road is closer to £70.

I guess if they're a good vet that you trust though, you can't put a price on that for peace of mind.

my first girly was 89 pound my second was 120 cos she chewed her stitched out and we had to go back for the wound to be stapled

Crikey! Female neuters are so much more expensive :shock:

although thinking about it I can see why they would be

Vet 4 Pets will be cheapest. I used to volunteer for Prevent Unwanted Pets and had prices for all the vets in Notts and they were cheapest (the one in Bulwell) or Go-Pet in Hucknall. Our vets is in Eastwood charges about £60.

ok then judging by some of the other prices people have quoted guess £67 is pretty good.
Just wanted to say that the price wasnt effecting our decision to get it done as I do realise the health implications for unneutured female buns can be awful and as my vet said far more expensive in the long run. I'll just have to do without a couple of nights out this month which to be honest as I'm trying to loose weight prob isnt a bad thing :lol:

My 'old' vet charges £89 for an 'uncomplicated' spray and £51 for the boys. Personally I do think that maybe more rabbits (esp females) would get done if the prices were more reasonable. When you have more than one rabbits and have spent lots of providing good hutches/shed etc then it all adds up x

I think thats quite good. Our vets spey for £65 for a girl £45 for a boy and they are very reasonably priced compared with other vets around here x

This is interesting reading this, our vets charge £62.50 which I thought was very expensive as Im sure my cat was cheaper than that! But I guess its actually quite cheap!

I'll pay for you if you want to pay for my trip yesterday:D
Boys are normally £45-65 and girls about £20 more as its more complicated procedure.
We had Angel at vets for dental yesterday quite cheap compared to old vets £90 but we had ran out of ALL meds so had to get them to my o/h left me to pay :shock:
The nurse must have thought I was mad when I said wow thats chepaer than I thought...
£197

Back