• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long until i worry

*Bex*

Mama Doe
Ok i don't know if i am just being paranoid :?
Zeb had a dental earlier. When i got him home he was quite quiet but had a hop about and a little nibble of mushy pellets. Vet nurse said he'd had a nibble of his greens too.
Im keeping them in tonight and they have been in the pen about an hour but now he's just laid flat out not interested in his mushy pellets he normally wolfs them down :?
He hasn't poo'd yet either.

Also, i saw a mark near his mouth when i brought him home, thought it was just food. At a closer look i see its dried blood on his fur. Is this normal after a dental :?

Oh poor Zeb hope he's feeling better soon. Did he have a GA? If I remember rightly from when Honey was spayed they can feel a little lethargic after a GA.

Yeah it was GA

He has just poo'd,a bit weirdly at first but then a load of normal ones and has now sat and ate some mushy pellets for a few minutes

RELIEF!

Sometimes it can take a couple of days to get back to normal. It's not normal in my experience to have blood on them after a dental, perhaps he was nicked with the burr. Sure he'll be fine!

Back