• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone elses bun being funny

tracy08

Warren Scout
Thumper is being a right grump, from the lovely cuddly rabbit with nose kisses and getting excited when he sees me and playing in his run with me running around like a dog. to this grumpy dont touch me, leave my food then you leave, hiding in his bed till you have gone. i dont get it. I wonder if its because hes had the snip and his hormones are all gone now? Strange, but worrying actually :(

Oh no, naughty bunny! My Daisy has gone spring fever crazy and is currently on the bunny naughty step for eating the wallpaper in the living room :roll:

Is Thumper ok otherwise? Still eating, pooing, weeing? Just wondering if it could be something causing him pain that's making him grumpy?

hes eating fine maybe not as much as he usually does, hes pooing fine and weeing. The others are ok, but i think i might get him checked over to make sure. I was first thinking it was because he got neutered 8 weeks ago and his hormones are gone, as he takes one sniff at me and runs. Do i really stink that much lol (dont answer that lol)
What would rough ideas be then for him maybe being ill. ?

Dolly and Nibbler are being a bit huffy - I thought it was beacuse I have changed their cage layout but not so sure now....they used to like getting brushed but not I cant get them to sit still for 2 mins and when I came home from work tonight Dolly had emptied her litter tray and has been rolling in it :(

oh dear rolling in the tray. naughty naughty. Mind oyu my babies like sitting in theirs :roll:

I double cehcked him before after i posted last time and i had already been otu and given him his tea and tbh he hasnt really eaten much, the girls had scoffed all theirs in minutes. He seems to be nibbleing. He does eat all his food, but eats more straw than anything else, always has been like that, but he is taking his time with his food.

If he isn't eating much I think a trip to the vets would be good, to be on the safe side. A friend's bun was slightly off her food for a day or two and a bit grumpy so she took her to the vets on Tuesday, and bun was admitted straight away for a dental op.

Always best to get them checked out, afterall rabbits hide their pain well but being off food and grumpy is a classic sign that something's wrong.

Back