• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do they remember you after boarding?

Kellyrich

Warren Scout
Hi everyone!!

Im having to put Stan Barney and Dexie into boardings for a few days in July and August, which i dont really want to do, its worrying me already and i just wondered if anybody has done this before and if they remember you when they come back home? I hope so!! :roll:

Last edited:
I put oliver into boarding for nearly 3 weeks when we went on holiday and he was delighted to see me when I got back, if anything he was probably more affectionate when I got him home :)

I put oliver into boarding for nearly 3 weeks when we went on holiday and he was delighted to see me when I got back, if anything he was probably more affectionate when I got him home :)

Oh thats good i hope mine will be like that! :)

I went away for a weekend last year and left the bunnies at home with my mum and dad and they were so excited to see me when i got back especially Fudge :love:
My sister said that she would sit closest to my bed and stare at it :love: Thats my baby :D

Im sure they will be fine and love you even more for coming home!

My bunnies stay at the bunnery when we go on holiday. Last year when Ronnie went he didnt want to come home! :lol: I think Jo had spoilt him so much he absolutely loved it there! Its good though, as the 2nd time he went, he remembered Jo and leapt into her arms :) At least i know hes safe there when i go so i dont have to worry :thumb: xXx

mine always remember me although I think they'd love to stay at Kay's full-time as she spoils them so much x

Lola always remembers me and is very pleased to see me but then sulks and refuses to come near me for a couple of days!!! Little madam!

Not left Desmond yet!

I get back from my bunny boarder & Toby is let out of his travel box. He straight away does a full curcuit of the house, having a quick wee in one of the litter trays, & then flops down for a quality cuddle. He usually takes every opportunity to either get a cuddle or give you a good licking session for the next day or two but otherwise it's like he hasn't been away, & he's like this if it's been just a day or two or 4 weeks.

Don't worry, they don't forget the one's they love.

I've got one that was really clingy after I'd been away. A couple of the others seemed happy to see me (to see what food I was carrying). The rest couldn't give a toss:lol:

You should be fine as you said you are only going away for few days. Of course they will still remember you, you are their mummy!!!!

Anyway normally every year we go away for 2 weeks in the summer hols, and I always put my rabbit and guniea-pigs in a boarding centre because I want them to well cared, and somewhere I know they will be safe and fine.
Anyway she was well happy when we came to collect her, but also I don't think she was happy staying there for 2 weeks!:shock:

As she has a smaller run which she wasn't used to!

But anyway she was over the moon when she went home, binkying and licking me non-stop!! She must've thought she did something wrong....:oops::lol:

I hated taking her to the boarding place but I had no other choice. I would never ever let any of my family or neighbours to 'mind' them. I know they won't look after them like I do.

I'd rather pay loads of money for my pets to be at the right place where they will recieve the right care and daily love.

Sorry this is long, but basically my point is - don't worry!

Your hols will go quick and by the time you know it, you will be hugging your bunnies! :D

Of course they remember you! Normally its a sulk dont want to know you for rest of day after they have ran to you with kisses and hugs.
Honestly buns are listening to everyword you say so they know your going away, tell them where they are going and when you'll be back for them!
read our animal communiactions that we had done http://www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com/Ourdiary.html At bottome of page.
We just had another one and Angel is annoyed that someone said she had a big bum! It was at a charity event couple of weeks ago she took it to heart though. Now i'm paranoid and watch what I say around them even more!

Mine always remember me when I get back- Fluffs gets extra clingy (or huffy)

As demonstration of how well they remember, Fluffs hates my Mum. She was always the one that clipped his nails (I held him)- she approaches and you get a stampy bunny!! :lol:

That still works and its probably at least a year since she's done it as we've moved away now

As demonstration of how well they remember, Fluffs hates my Mum. She was always the one that clipped his nails (I held him)- she approaches and you get a stampy bunny!! :lol:

:lol::lol: now thats funny!!

I think they do. They certainly remember the boarding place as the second time we went they settled in immediately. Only problem is they seem to enjoy it so much in boarding (more entertainment - other buns & people to watch) that they get a right huff when they realise they've come home!:roll:

I was worrying about boarding my bunny aswell. She's going to a place that looks after cats and dogs and bunnies, I went when it was really busy and couldn't hear any of the dogs where Tinker Bell will be. I really worried about leaving her though, even though I know she'll charm everyone and have them all spoiling her rotten. I just worry because she is my baby and I've never left her before :cry:

I am not even sure if they recognise me everymorning after the sleeping hours. George seems to be more clever; Fanta is very nice but I dont think is the most intelligent rabbit in the world.... :(

I am not even sure if they recognise me everymorning after the sleeping hours. George seems to be more clever; Fanta is very nice but I dont think is the most intelligent rabbit in the world.... :(

ha ha of course they remember you each morning!! :lol:

Back