• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which Steam Cleaner do you have?

Dustyrabbit

Warren Veteran
Do you have a steam cleaner? Which one do you have, what do you use it for and would you recommend it? Thanks

Last edited:
I recently bought a Karcher 1122 (I think) it cost me £135 but it is well worth the money and I use it on everything!

I bought one for about £50 about 3 years ago and it was pants.

cleanstore.co.uk have it for 135 and give you free gifts which are great, as it's usually at least £150 alone!

You only need to read the reviews on it :D

Thanks for that. I know my in-laws bought a small one a couple of year ago and took it back because it was rubbish.

I used to speak to a lady at my daughters music school who had one that she swore by she used it on everything but I don't see her anymore to ask which it was.

The first one I looked at online was £750!!! I'd want it to work itself while I drank tea for that money!

I have a small one that I bought in Lidl for about £15 last year. It's very good... but I haven't used it for a while.

i have blue vax one cost about £70 and is fab..has onboard tools too.

i used to have a cheap one..sent the similar version online and in my fashionwolrd catalogue...bout 40 or 50 quid..as long as its got at least 3 or 3.5 bar pressure its good!!

the little handlheld ones ive not had much luck with even the steambee from jml.

id recommend the litle yellow one or the blue vax one;)

this is mine
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-V-081-C...r_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1240348863&sr=1-8

as is this for my floor
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deluxe-stea...r_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1240348863&sr=1-2

this is the new version of my old one which coped daily with bunny and kitty mess and keeping my carpets clean and curtians and took smell off and cleaned my windows..and bathrooms and even kitchen....but these days im such a lazy moo only use it when i have energy..but the steam mop is great in a hurry for floors carpets and even mattresses.
http://www.fashionworld.co.uk/productcache/FW/BO8058/GK139UJ.html.gz

I looked at the VAX before buying it, and some of the safety reviews really scared me. :shock:

I decided in the end I couldn't go wrong with spending a little extra on the Karcher, only down point to it are nowhere to store all the tools on board and the cable doesn't wind up inside (like a Henry) :lol:

Thanks for that everyone your recommendations are appreciated.

As I am a scrounger and skip diver :lol: (I actually think I'm a Womble really - I have that kind of waistline too!) I asked on my local Freecycle and have been offered a hand held one which I am collecting tomorrow. I want it initially to steam clean the hutches as Maisey has been poorly with Coccidiosis so I'll see how I get on with this one and go from there. Will the hand held kind be man enough for the job of hutch sterilization do you think? Otherwise I've been wondering about getting out the wallpaper stripper - well it does generate steam doesn't it!

yep the vax thingy scared me too after id bought one:shock::lol: but so far so good.
the cheaper one for 40quids just as good and now has onboard tools...big thumbs up!

lol i hope your cleaner works out well for you.;)

Back