• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moses is having another dental today/ Need advice on Anthony again

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(:( Only been 3 weeks since his last one but they were in a bad way.

He is also having blood tests as thew weight is dropping off him even though he is having 3 meals aday. I really don't think the weight loss is dental related.
I am praying he will be OK and have insisted they use gas only as he recovered well from that last time.

I have also managed to get Anthony admitted for conscious x-rays as there is still no improvement. I have been asking since last week so today I put my foot down. If they can't get them conscious then we will have to leave it but I had to at least try for him.

So another stressful day waiting for the phone to ring :(

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for Moses and am really hoping that Anthony keeps still enough for his x ray. ;);)

Moses has come through his dental OK, I just hope he doesn't need them every 3 weeks!

Anthony has what the vets think could be small dried out fur balls in his stomach and intestines but everything else seems normal. He has had lots of fluid therapy ovwer the past 2 weeks but they haven't touched them so as a last resort we are trying liquid parafin :? Its either that or surgery, I wouldn't really consider surgery at this point anyway but with so many different balls it really isn't an option so I guess this is the last chance for him :(

Moses has come through his dental OK, I just hope he doesn't need them every 3 weeks!

Anthony has what the vets think could be small dried out fur balls in his stomach and intestines but everything else seems normal. He has had lots of fluid therapy ovwer the past 2 weeks but they haven't touched them so as a last resort we are trying liquid parafin :? Its either that or surgery, I wouldn't really consider surgery at this point anyway but with so many different balls it really isn't an option so I guess this is the last chance for him :(

Oh blimey Liz poor Anthony :cry:

I am glad Moses Dental went well.

As you said to me yesterday, 'Why is it we do this'.....................:?

Its cos we love them !! :love: :love:

I really don't know what to do with Anthony, I gave him 5 different oral meds this evening and he just let them dribble out of his mouth :cry::cry:

How long do I carry on with this? It has been 2 weeks since his dental :(

I want to give him every chance especially now we have an idea of the problem, but am I just prolonging the inevitable ?

I really don't know what to do with Anthony, I gave him 5 different oral meds this evening and he just let them dribble out of his mouth :cry::cry:

How long do I carry on with this? It has been 2 weeks since his dental :(

I want to give him every chance especially now we have an idea of the problem, but am I just prolonging the inevitable ?

I so empathise with you Liz :cry:
Can he not have the meds via injection ?

Its a total nightmare trying to help a Bun that does not seem to be responding :cry:
Its so much worse when they are very stressed too :cry:

ETA Have you tried Bromelain Tablets ?
I know the jury is out on whether Bromelain does actually help with furballs but it might be worth a go :?

Last edited:
Besides Metacam which obviously can be injectable the rest is all oral. We are trying things like the dandelion extract now with the parafin, protexin probiotics, liquid maxalon mixed with pineapple juice and zantac, think that everything.

Its all a bit of a strange mixture but I am willing to try anything, one of them might just work.

I guess they have to go directly into his tummy to have any effect on the furballs :?

So glad Moses is ok :love:

I really hope the new meds work for Anthony, i have never heard of furballs in bunnies tummies before :shock:

Oh Liz what a trying time for you right now :cry: So glad Moses has come through his dental ok :) Just praying that Anthony starts to pick up soon for you. Sending lots & lots of vibes your way & hugs for you xxx

So glad Moses is ok :love:

I really hope the new meds work for Anthony, i have never heard of furballs in bunnies tummies before :shock:

They said they thought thats what they were, but it was hard to tell just from the x-ray.

I'm guessing because he didn't eat anything for 4 days after the dental that any fur in his system completely dried out despite all the fluids I gave him :?

Back