• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nutritious Duct tape (??)

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
So i made the bunnies a little box with a hole cut out and stuffed hay in it. Thought it might be a fun way for them to eat hay. Instead Frankie has taken to munching his way through the duct tape i used to stick it together :?

DSC00178.jpg

Should i stop him from doing this?

I would be worried about him eating some, the little monkey. :? Or getting stuck to it.

I usually remove all tape from the box and then just fold all the flaps in - if you do it a certain way the box will stay shut. ;)

I would be worried about him eating some, the little monkey. :? Or getting stuck to it.

I usually remove all tape from the box and then just fold all the flaps in - if you do it a certain way the box will stay shut. ;)

I'm with you on this - my little monkeys will always try to eat things they shouldn't (often parts of me:roll:). Just don't expect your boxes to last very long with determined bunsters around:lol:

I agree with the others :wave:

My bunnies always get boxes and they all get demolished apart from Fudges boxes! She likes to groom them :roll: Boxes are fudges friends, she cant hurt them :lol:

Deej loves tape (tries to steal parcels that come in the mail etc), but having had to remove it from his face and teeth, I now make sure he can't get near any, so I would say you need to use string or find an alternative to tape (not good for bunnies unless they are aiming for the waxed look :shock::roll::lol:).

Bunnies like eating string too :roll:

I try to avoid giving them cardboard too as they eat that :roll:

Just take away anything they start eating but shouldn't be

They eat duct tape for the same reason they eat wallpaper, the adhesive is sweet tasting. Mine have also attempted to eat sellotape, stickers & envelope glue strips.

You need to keep it out of reach.

Liquorice is a fiend with duct tape & parcel tape. He always somehow manages to get some on his face from somewhere! :lol:

My edges of the lino was stuck down with duck tape. It took them about 2 days to rip it off put it down again and they did the same so i gave up on it now and going to laminate there room.

When Bean went to our friend Laura's house (Aunty Laura :lol::lol:) we decided to cover some of the cables she had in her house with masking tape. Bean loved nibbling it. Had a very distressed call from Aunty Laura as Bean has masking tape stuck to him from his nose to his bottom - all underneath!!!! She has to give him a trim to get it off - I think he thought it was a little monster attacking him. needless to say, he hasn't gone near the stuff since :lol::lol::lol:

those duct tape can block their small intestine, which is how my bridge bun Monty passed away, he chewed furniture fiber that he can't pass thru. Prolong eating of those duct tape can cause cancer.

You can get them a box, but w/o the tape. And if they chew the edge, make sure the box is glued, NOT having stapled together w/ staple gun. As you don't want them to swallow those metal.

Back